Ernestine Dahn ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

While many of us haven’t yet gotten back into the academic swing of things, Mercer senior, Ernestine Dahn, is already focused on the year at hand.

Majoring in biochemistry molecular biology with a minor in psychology, you would think that all she had time to do was study. Instead she is utilizing her time to make the best of her final year at Mercer.
Actively involved in on-campus activities, Ernestine is the Vice President for the Mercer Campus Chapter of Habitat for Humanity, Secretary for the African Student Association and the Coordinator for the AGAPE Kharisma ministry.  She is also a member of the American Chemical Society, Tri-Beta, AGAPE’s Devine Praise Ministry, and the Psychology Club.

In her spare time she likes to hang out with friends and eat Asian cuisine. Ernestine also loves reading fiction novels.

After this year, she plans on furthering her education by attending graduate school to obtain her master’s degree in biomedical science and then on to medical school!

Ernestine is originally from Liberia and says, “one day I hope to be a family practitioner, and I want to help to build a hospital in my native country of Liberia.”

Though she has a heavy course load, this senior is excited to dive right in. Let’s all strive to be like Ernestine!

Hometown: Moultrie, GA College: Mercer University I come from a small town in the real South. I have always loved writing, and now, I am studying Journalism at Mercer. Look out for me. I have big dreams, and I am not backing down. I am a mystery just waiting to be solved.