Connecting with Cory

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

What is your full name?  Cory Randall Zeller

What is your major? Women’s and Gender Studies (Pre-Nursing Track)I changed to a pre-nursing track, recently, after discovering my love for the health professions, during my Mercer on Mission trips to Uganda and Armenia and Georgia. I want to help others who are less fortunate than myself while ending pain and suffering.

Classification: Junior (graduating one year early, however)

Relationship Status: Taken

What organizations are you involved in on campus? Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc./Mercer University, Honor Council, Mercer University Student Government Association, Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, Mercer Service Scholars, Mercer University Stamps Scholars, National Panhellenic Council, Latin Club, Phi Eta Sigma, National Society of Leadership and Success, Iota Iota Iota WGS Honor Society, Mercer Cluster Contributing Writer

Which organization are you most involved or means the most to you? Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. means the most to me because I was a founding member and the first ever president of the Mercer University chapter. We are the newest Greek organization on campus!

What are your post-graduation goals? I hope to become a Registered Nurse and serve the world as a member of the prestigious Doctors Without Borders organization.

What is your favorite part of being a Mercer bear? I love being involved in Greek life! It has provided me with so many lasting friendships and memorable experiences. By far my favorite part of being a Mercer Bear!

Advice to Freshman: Don’t limit yourself to a specific group of people. Expand your horizons and find out which organization or social group best fits your aspirations as a college student and community member.

Favorite Study Spot: Cruz Plaza by the fountains! The sound of the fountains are calming and it is nice to see so many familiar faces walking around campus during the afternoon!

I am a student at Mercer University, and I am majoring in Journalism and Christianity.