Britney Mims

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

Let’s end the year on a good note, shall we? The final campus celebrity for this school year is junior Britney Mims. She is a Psychology major and Christianity minor.

Britney is a member of the psychology club, and also works part-time in the cardiology department at a local hospital. Next year, Britney is set to wed her high-school sweetheart, Tyler. She sat down with Her Campus to give us a few details about her storybook fairytale.

Her Campus: Tell us a little bit about your engagement, how did you meet?

Britney Mims: We met in the seventh grade, and began dating in the tenth grade. He proposed on February 15, 2008.

HC: How did he propose?

BM: He had the entire day planned out for me. I woke up to my alarm going off (which he had set) and a text that began a scavenger hunt that took me all around my house. At each stop I received a gift, whether it was flowers, candy, or a Teddy bear. Something was different at every stop. The last stop on my scavenger hunt was where I keep my purse, and inside my purse was his debit card and a note that said  ‘Go shopping and pamper myself for the day.’ He said that he would pick me up for dinner that evening. We went to the Langston House, which is a very nice restaurant south of Perry, Ga. We ate our meal and ordered dessert. When the waitress brought out a silver platter Tyler took it from her and turned around on one knee and asked me to marry him. The ring was on the plate with “Will you marry me?” written in chocolate!

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

BM:Four months after graduation I will be marrying the man of my dreams. I plan to stay at my current job and begin doing echocardiograms at a full time status. 

Ashley is a senior at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia. She is a journalism major with a minor in art. Playing an active role on campus, she is a staff writer for The Cluster, Secretary for the Society for Collegiate Journalists, Build Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity and On-site reporter for Mercer99 News. In her spare time she enjoys cooking, volunteering, watching ESPN and any installment of The Real Housewives. After graduation Ashley plans to attend graduate school seeking a dual degree in journalism and law.