Alex Preston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mercer chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is practically known as Mr. Mercer, or better yet Mr. Mercer 99. Alex Preston is a junior whom is extremely involved on campus and always shows tons of that bear pride!

Her Campus Mercer: What is your major/minor?

Alex: I am double majoring in Media Studies and Theater Arts, no minor.

HCM: What activities are you involved in?

Alex: “I’m on the executive board for Mercer Dance Revolution and President for Mercer 99. Under my leadership we have obtained a most improved campus organization award. I am a member of common ground, Mercer math, and the Society for Collegiate Journalists (SCJ). I am a contributor for the Cluster. I work for marketing as a digital media technician and a student liaison for the Mercer dance team.”  He also choreographs dance routines and edits cheer music.

HC: What do you do in your free time?

Alex: Free time doesn’t happen.

HC: What is one word that describes you?

Alex: Awesomazing.

HC: What is your life dogma?

Alex: I will succeed at anything if I find inspiration in it, and pursue it wholeheartedly.

HC: Name a song that could be your theme song.

Alex: Either Defying Gravity from Wicked or Chip on My Shoulder from Legally Blonde the musical.
Alex has distinct plans for his life after his Mercer tenure is up.  “I’m looking at a graduate program at Florida State University in dance. My ultimate goal is to dance on Broadway,” explained Preston.
This Mercer player has a definite penchant for the theater arts.  He was even cast in the Atlanta Theater Company’s production of Lyric but had to decline the part because of school obligations.

It is obvious that Alex is well on his way to fame, but until then he will be about the campus representing excellence at Mercer. Go Bears!

Hometown: Moultrie, GA College: Mercer University I come from a small town in the real South. I have always loved writing, and now, I am studying Journalism at Mercer. Look out for me. I have big dreams, and I am not backing down. I am a mystery just waiting to be solved.