This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Memphis chapter.

If you’re a lady and your favorite movie genre isn’t romantic comedy, are you really doing life right? Today we’re talking RomComs, so get out your notes tab and take some because you’ll want to watch all of these at the next sleepover!

1. My Best Friend’s Wedding

CLASSIC. Julia Roberts and Cameron Diaz star in this RomCom about a girl falling in love with her best friend who is about to get married and has asked her to be in his wedding. I ADORE THIS MOVIE TO BITS. I promise it is not the stereotypical RomCom. However, it will definitely have you laughing and crying. My favorite line is still, “Turn around. Who is chasing you?” Keep that in mind ladies!

Movie snack: Popcorn

2. While You Were Sleeping

Yet another classic starring the beautiful and talented Sandra Bullock. This story of miscommunication and love is one for the books when Bullock is mistaken to be a coma man’s fiance. While getting to know his entire family, she falls in love with his brother. What’s the girl to do?! Find out by watching. ;)

Movie snack: Pizza rolls

3. Two Night Stand

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. It’s a contemporary RomCom for those of you living in the 2000s. This movie stars the love of my life- Miles Teller. The story line is as obvious as the title- it revolves around a two night stand, but trust me when I say this is not your typical RomCom. It’s a bit crude, but definitely a must see!! I love it and so will you! (I’ve seen it at least 5 times)

Movie Snack: Crunch movie candy or any form of chocolate

4. The Duff

Ahhhhh, what a lovely high school RomCom. Seriously- one of the best I have seen to date. A movie full of laughs and shirtless boys as it centers around a girl dubbed as the “designated ugly fat friend.” Like the movie says “You either know one, have one, or are one.” Give this RomCom a go and then try licking the side of your boyfriend’s face. Trust me, you’ll both love it. The movie, not the licking.

Movie snack: Pizza (you deserve it)

5. She’s the Man

That’s right. The movie that was amazing and was before Amanda Bynes lost her noodles, brain noodles that is. A classic and a movie that will forever be adored as Bynes pretends to be her brother in order to play soccer at a college. DID I MENTION CHANNING TATUM IS IN THIS MOVIE?! You’re welcome. Check it out ladies. You’ll be laughing, awwing, and crying all at the same time.

Movie snack: Cheese puffs

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a great week as you prep for finals. Good luck and I’ll see you on campus! :-)

Howdy (get it bc we're from the South, duh). I'm currently a freshman at the University of Memphis studying to become a pediatric nurse, but who knows, I may wind up channeling my inner Cristina Yang and becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon. We'll see where life takes me. I'm an active member of Up Til Dawn, GDIs United, and Fratbag Lovers R Us. The last two are clearly a humorous joke, and if you didn't laugh then we can't be friends. I'm an avid talker, Netflix watcher, and obsessed Grey's Anatomy fan. Hope ya'll enjoy my tidbits of thought :-)