Karli Lynn Province: Chi Alpha President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Memphis chapter.

Our Campus Celebrity of the week is Karli Province! She’s been the president of the registered student organization, Chi Alpha Campus Ministries, since spring 2014.  Chi Alpha is a Christian ministry that meets on Thursday nights at 7 pm in the UC Theater. I had the chance to sit down and talk to Karli about her roles, duties, and what all she’s learned as president over the past year.

Name: Karli Province    

Hometown: Alta Loma, CA

HC: What is your major and what do you want to do with it?

KP: “I am a criminal justice major with a minor in psychology.  I want to go to law school or work in the FBI.”

HC: Where are your favorite places to go in Memphis?  Where also do you like to eat?

KP: “I love going to Midtown and of course the Tiger Den on campus! Mexican Deli Chivas (near Collierville) is my favorite place. It reminds me of Mexican food from California which is really hard to find outside of CA.”

HC: What do you like about being the president of Chi Alpha and what are your duties?

KP: “I like being pushed into a leadership role and being able to use my leadership qualities.  I am in charge of scheduling events and being at the events to represent Chi Alpha. I am also a leader in the organization.”

HC: What do you like about Chi Alpha?

KP: “The people. I have made some of the most genuine friends through Chi Alpha. It also brings a sense of community into my life.”

HC: What are some of the most important things you have learned while being in the leadership role?

KP: “Besides time management, I have been able to help others learn from my mistakes by sharing my experiences with them. If I can help one person learn from my mistakes, I am more than willing to share with them. Helping others is something I genuinely enjoy doing.”

HC: Why do you think students should get involved in RSOs at school?

KP: “Being involved gives you a sense of community. It’s easy to feel alone on such a big campus, so getting involved brings new friends into your life.”

HC: What’s something interesting about you?

KP: “I love to sing and make people laugh.”

You can follow Karli on twitter and Instagram @kprovince !

Hey y'all! I'm not sure what I'm suppose to say here, but I guess I'll just tell y'all a little about myself. My name is Shauna Jordan. I am a junior at the University of Memphis currently triple majoring in Broadcast Journalism, Exercise Sports Science, and Sport and Leisure Management. I know it sounds crazy, but I like to think of it as ambitious! I was raised in Memphis since I was 6 months old and love my city and school with a burning passion inside my soul. In addition to writing for Her Campus, I am also a reporter for our school paper The Daily Helmsman. I love to get involved on campus. I am a member of the Sport Marketing Association and very involved in Chi Alpha Campus Ministry. I play as many intramural sports that can possibly fit in my schedule. I also volunteered with the track and field, football, and men's soccer for the fall 2014 semester.When I'm not working, writing, or studying I'm most likely to be found watching a game of any variety or hanging out with my friends. I love people and want to get to know as many people as I can! It may seem like I'm all over the place with my majors and jobs, but one day my dream is to work in minor league baseball or on the MLB Network. I want to experience many new things while in college and enjoy my time here. I hope y'all enjoy reading about Campus Celebrities on and from our campus!
Lauren Berry is a journalism major at The University of Memphis from Dallas, Texas. She's spent the past three years covering news stories from campus events to attending the Michelle Obama press conference at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Wanting a change, she joined the Her Campus team to empower women and get her voice heard. She believes that finally, she's in the right place.