Campus Cutie: Jordan Milling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Memphis chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is the adorable Miss. Jordan Milling, a Freshman, Biology major from Wilmington, North Carolina. Her favorite color is orange, her favorite season is fall and she can be found in the campus Starbucks working hard to make students caffeinated. 

HC: What is your favorite show to watch on Netflix?

CC: “I don’t have one but I just got through with Orange is the New Black in like two days. I didn’t sleep.”

HC: What’s your favorite movie?

CC: “Despicable Me!”

HC: What do you want to do with your biology major?

CC: “I want to go into Veterinary Medicine to be a Vet.”

HC: What is one cool way you keep yourself entertained on campus?

CC: “I go to the events whenever we have them and usually me and my roommate (and these two) *gestures at nearby giggling friends* wing it and do crazy stuff all over the place.”

HC: What’s been your favorite event on campus?

CC: “I like these past events with making the tie-dye shirts and the little bouncy house was cool. I like the little step shows we’ve been having.”

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

CC: “I work on campus at the Starbucks. They’re really friendly there and we love our customers. And I like making drinks.”

HC: Are you involved in any organizations?

CC: “Not, yet but I’m interested in a couple. I want to be in the international student association and BSA and maybe SAC.”

HC: Do you go to sporting events on campus?

CC: “I do, I went to the football games and I go to the girls basketball games and I go to the lacrosse games.”

HC: Are you a scholarship student of any kind?

CC: “Yes, I am a HOPE scholarship recipient!”

HC: Are you in a relationship?

CC: I am, it’s sort of complicated. I’m with a girl and she doesn’t go here. She goes to Southwest but she wants to go here next year to play basketball. She’s a freshman too. And we just celebrated her birthday!”

HC: What is your dream first date?

CC: “I would want to go on an ice cream date then I want to go into a drive-in movie theatre and get concessions and stuff. That would be really cool.”

HC: What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

CC: “Triple chocolate. I love triple chocolate.”

HC: What do you look for in a partner?

CC: “I look for loyalty and honesty and I require a lot of attention. I’m spoiled but I’m looking for somebody that I can grow with. Somebody that motivates me to be a better person.”

HC: What do you bring to a relationship?

CC: “I feel like I motivate Tru to be a better person, I try. I spoil her and I’m really affectionate.”

HC: What is one thing you would like to see University of Memphis improve on?

CC: “I feel like we should advertise our organizations more. I feel like we should show the students what we’re really doing and be more organized about our events to get them out there so we have more people coming.”

HC: What is your advice to any incoming freshmen?

CC: “Study! Studying is very important and those parties will still be there. Focus on your grades and make friends, you need friends because you get lonely.”

HC: Jordan has a spunky spirit and a great personality. She does not seem one bit shy and is a great encouragement to have on campus! If there were more students like Jordan, this world might just be a friendlier place. Readers, go catch Jordan at Starbucks and tell her to have a great day!