Campus Celebrity, Hannah Scott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Memphis chapter.

Looking for someone who will lift your spirits and encourage you? Look no farther, Hannah Scott, President of the Panhellenic Board here at the U of M is exactly that. Also involved in SGA and the national society of leadership and success, Hannah is an example of a young woman taking advantage of all the opportunities Memphis provides for its students!

Birthday: September 24, 1994

Hometown: Memphis, TN

Year in School: Junior

Major: Double major in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing

HC:  “What made you decide to attend the University of Memphis?”

HS:  “I actually decided last minute to come to Memphis to be closer to home, but it has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.”

HC: “What is your favorite thing about being a Memphis Tiger?”

HS: “I love Memphis sports! My roommates and I go to a lot of the Tiger baseball and basketball games, and football is my favorite sport so I’ve really enjoyed watching our program progress. I also have friends on the golf, track, tennis, and soccer teams so I support them as well!”

HC: “What made you decide to rush a sorority?”

HS: “I saw how being Greek positively impacted my friends and decided to give it a shot.”

HC: “What made you want to become involved on the Panhellenic Board?”

HS: “I wanted to grow our Greek community and help women to find the support system, and confidence that I have found in Alpha Delta Pi.”

HC:What do you think the Greek community provides on campus?”

HS: “If you look at the leaders on campus the majority are Greek affiliated. Our community instills leadership qualities in its members, and they in turn help to develop our university.”

HC: “What is your favorite thing about being Greek?”

HS: “I love how we support each other in philanthropic events and during hardships.”

HC: “What do you say to people who don’t believe in Greek life?”

HS: “I tell them that at one point I didn’t believe in Greek life. I gave it a chance and can’t imagine where I’d be now without my chapter, so they should just be open to the idea.”

HC: “If you could, is there anything you would change about Memphis?”

HS: “Well I’d really like for us to have more fun events on campus. That’s something I’ve personally been working with SGA and SAC on, so we are moving in the right direction with that.”

In her free time, Hannah volunteers at an elementary school and enjoys watching Netflix and eating Mexican food. You can find her in the involvement zone in the UC working hard to better our campus! 

I am currently a journalism major at the University of Memphis inspiring to attend law school after I graduate with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in pre-law. 
Lauren Berry is a journalism major at The University of Memphis from Dallas, Texas. She's spent the past three years covering news stories from campus events to attending the Michelle Obama press conference at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Wanting a change, she joined the Her Campus team to empower women and get her voice heard. She believes that finally, she's in the right place.