Kylie Jenner Youngest ‘self-made’ Woman has a net worth of $900 million

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MDC chapter.

Kylie Jenner youngest ‘self-made’ woman has a net worth of $900 million

One of the hottest and wealthiest celebrities, 21-year-old Kylie Jenner, will soon be the youngest billionaire in America, due to her self-determined success.  Her flourishing success has shaped from being a model, socialite, entrepreneur, businessperson, etc. Jenner’s major achievement comes from her popular beauty cosmetic line, Kylie Cosmetics. The business launched about three years and has grown drastically over the past years, “with $29 lip kits containing matching lipstick and lip liner, it has since sold more than $630 million worth of makeup.” Jenner’s over-selling and prosperous cosmetic line started off by just selling lipsticks and then started introducing eye shadow pallets, highlighters, cancelers and eyeliners. These widely enjoyed products have given her a rough amount of $800 million in profit. Although, the rest of her net worth comes from TV appearances such as in, Keeping Up with The Kardashians, ads, and endorsements, it doesn’t compare to her over-the-top beauty line. Forbes approximated Kim Kardashian’s net worth of $350 million which is built from her cosmetic line, mobile apps and clothes.

“Social media is an amazing platform,” Jenner said during an interview with Forbes. She acknowledges her 114 million followers on Instagram for her prosperity. Social media gives her the advantage of sharing sneak peaks of her new products before they launch. Fans get excited every time she announces a new collection of makeup, no matter what the cost is. She has been able to obtain her celebrity background and fortune. Besides, she is an immensely young mother to her baby girl, Stormi, with father Travis Scott.

Many people wonder who is actually running and producing her company, actually her domain contains about twelve employees. “Manufacturing and packaging? Outsourced to Seed Beauty, a private-label producer in nearby Oxnard, California. Sales and fulfillment? Outsourced to the online outlet Shopify.” On top of that her mother, Kris Jenner, manages the finance aspects of her business and gets a ten percent administration. Mostly, what Jenner does is advertise her products and put selfies promoting her products. Formerly, her cosmetic line is only available online and pop-up shops. However, on Twitter, Jenner announced that Kylie Cosmetics will now be available at all Ulta Beauty stores. Her self-sufficient triumph has given her the upper hand to become the youngest billionaire in America.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-kyliejenner/lip-gloss-boss-kylie-jenner-to-be-youngest-self-made-billionaire-idUSKBN1K12XE

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesdigitalcovers/2018/07/11/how-20-year-old-kylie-jenner-built-a-900-million-fortune-in-less-than-3-years/

A free spirit who was born and raised in sunny Miami, Fl, Valerie currently studies at Miami-Dade College and is working toward a degree in journalism in hopes of making a difference in the world by unraveling her inner activist through her writing and actions. Everyday making progress little by little.