timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How To Prepare For The Summertime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MDC chapter.

How to get ready for summer

Summer 2018 is coming up and the expectation for it could not be more exciting. However, in order to have time to do everything we need and want to do, we must focus on specific requirements that come with planning out everything before the summer. I know, the unexpected events turn out to be the best ones, but pre-organizing everything makes the unexpected even more interesting. The first thing we must be aware of before summer starts is to know how to organize our time effectively. The reason for this is because even though summer lasts two months and a half, when it ends we realize that each day went by way too quickly. For instance, many of us are deciding to take summer classes, apply for a job or accept an internship. These are particular plans that we must complete in an effective way without stressing over everything becoming too overwhelming. The best tip we can put into action is to avoid buying a planner where we can organize our schedule and know when, where and at what time we are going to be too busy. Having a planner leads us to another way of getting ready for summer, which is to plan when to get a little getaway or road trip to a nearby place with special friends and family. To be honest, there is nothing like taking a break away from home and spending time with the people you love. But to be able to do this without missing any classes or work, it is essential to plan ahead and to be sure about the best time to take a weekend off from the routine. In addition, I know everyone expects to go to the beach or to a pool and have a tan session. If you are thinking about how to get ready for summer body-wise, I only have one piece of advice to give you: your body is perfect the way it is, either you want it one way or another, it is still perfect. Please do not waste time regretting that piece of dessert you thought you were not supposed to eat because of a “summer diet”. If you enjoyed it then there is no reason why you should regret that moment of happiness. If one of your goals is to get to a specific weight, then by all means make an effort to get there but don’t forget to enjoy yourself and reward yourself every now and then. Never do something just because you would feel excluded. Your body is perfect that way it is. Period. These are my “get ready for summer” tips. The truth is, there is no particular way to be completely ready because summer recess always manages to come up with millions of surprises. However, with these small planning go-to’s and way of thinking, we will at least know that responsibility always comes first and that it does not mean that all the fun aspects have to disappear.

A free spirit who was born and raised in sunny Miami, Fl, Valerie currently studies at Miami-Dade College and is working toward a degree in journalism in hopes of making a difference in the world by unraveling her inner activist through her writing and actions. Everyday making progress little by little.