This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

Wondering what you should buy for all of the lovely ladies in your life this holiday season? If you’re struggling and need some inspiration, you’ve come to the right place! Let this article, curated with a variety of ‘gifts for her’ check everyone off your Nice List this Christmas. 

Clothing and Accessories

1. Pajama Set

Every girl loves a cozy outfit during the holiday season. What’s better than some cute new pajamas to snuggle in while watching holiday movies? The best part about this gift is you can find different styles and prints to match the personality of whoever you choose to give it to. 

2. Birthstone Related Jewelry 

Every month is associated with a precious gem that holds a certain meaning, meant to resonate with the wearer. The gems come in all types of jewelry: rings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, and earrings. Personal and thoughtful, this gift is sure to be appreciated! 

3. Hat/Glove/Scarf Set 

A must-have for women of any age, especially with the chilly winter season right around the corner. The variety of colours, styles and price ranges for these items will allow you to personalize this gift without going over-budget!

Cooking 

1. Spice Rack 

Know someone whose spice cabinet could use some reorganization? Then this kitchen essential might be for them. Choose from a variety of designs available to match the kitchen of your loved one. 

2. Juicer 

Who doesn’t appreciate fresh juice? This is a popular gift idea, particularly for a mother or aunt. 

3. Personalized Cutting Board 

A cutting board is another essential for the kitchen. Although a cutting board is a useful gift in itself, you can make it more personal by engraving it with something meaningful to the both of you. Ideas include: their first or last name, a favourite quote, or maybe even a recipe to their favourite meal!

Home

1. Weighted Blanket 

The theory behind weighted blankets is that the pressure of the heavy fabric will make you feel calm, almost like a warm hug. Many say that its therapeutic effect shows positive effects for people with anxiety, seasonal affective disorder or insomnia. This gift is great for someone in your life that you think may benefit from its calming effect. 

2. Candle or Candle Holder 

Candles are loved by almost everyone! A few holiday scented candles can make a home feel extra warm during the snowy months ahead. To make this gift extra special, you can add a candle holder! With a wide selection of modern, fashionable and colourful styles, you are sure to find a scent and design that will suit your person.

3. Hanging Mobile 

Mobiles are usually found above a baby’s crib, however, there are also sophisticated styles perfect for home decor. Take your pick from a variety of colours and designs!

Artsy

1.  Colouring Book

Who said colouring books were for children? The past decade has shown an increase in colouring books for adults, which are popular for stress relief and fun! Tailor the theme of the book to your person’s interests –  celebrities, landscapes, puppies; anything really – and give the gift of relaxation and creativity this winter.  

2. Camera (Polaroid, Disposable)

This is a special gift for someone who enjoys taking pictures. The vintage feel and tangible photos are perfect for capturing special moments. The great thing about these cameras is that they came in different price ranges along with styles. As an add-on you could gift fairy lights with hooks to hang the photos from! 

3. Paint Set 

A beginner’s paint set is great for someone who loves to paint, or even someone looking to start! A watercolour set could also be an alternative to someone who may want something less messy. 

Tech/Entertainment

1. Space Light Projector 

This device will have you gazing at the galaxy and stars in your own home. Many models come with a remote that allows you to change the colours of the galaxy, along with the brightness and the way it moves. 

2. Speaker 

Who doesn’t love blasting their favourite music around the house? A speaker is a must-have for anyone. 

3. Portable Power Bank 

An essential item, but something many people don’t buy for themselves. Having a portable power bank is a lifesaver, especially for individuals with a busy schedule who are always on the run. 

Hopefully these gift ideas help you check items off your list this year. Happy holidays and happy (online) shopping!

Sara Malhotra

McMaster '23

Sara Malhotra is an avid reader and writer from Toronto, Canada. She is currently studying Life Sciences at McMaster University. As a passion, she enjoys painting as well as finding different outlets to explore her creativity. Sara is excited to continue her journey as a writer with HerCampus!