starbucks holiday drink menu 2022?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
starbucks holiday drink menu 2022?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

Festive Secret Menu Starbucks Drink Ideas From A Seasoned Barista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

As someone who works at Starbucks, I am well aware that the core hand-crafted Holiday beverages we serve and advertise, like Sugar Cookie, Caramel Brulée, Chestnut Praline, Irish Cream, and Peppermint Mocha beverages, are delicious as is. However, many of us are already bored with these choices. Since Starbucks’ drink menu is so easily customizable, why not branch out and try drink combinations beyond the standard? Alas, here are seven festive secret menu Starbucks drinks, personally tested by your favourite barista to get you ready for this holiday season.

Icy Peppermint Bark Mocha

While the standard peppermint mocha is already delicious as is, it is highly syrup-forward, and this can drown out the flavour of the espresso. This Secret Menu drink, however, perfectly replicates nostalgic chocolate bark, but with enough caffeine to get you through this semester.

How to order: Ask for an Iced Mocha with light ice and Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam with two pumps of peppermint blended into the Foam. If you are feeling fancy, you can ask your barista to top off the Cold Foam with a stripe of cocoa powder, free of charge!

Pro tip: Ask for your Cold Foam to be blended on the fourth setting, as this will guarantee a pillowy Cold Foam that won’t be thinned out by the added syrup.

Makeshift Salted Caramel Goodness

At some point in time, Starbucks sold a Salted Caramel Mocha, which customers continue to ask for every single time I work, forcing me thus to be the bearer of bad news (I get it though, it was a delicious drink). But fear not: here’s a Secret Menu alternative that may be even better than the original.

How to order: If you want the mocha flavour, get half caramel brulée and half mocha sauce, ask for an Iced Caramel Brulée Latte with salted caramel cold foam. If you want to go all out, you can ask for caramel drizzle and/or chestnut praline topping on top as well.

Caffeine-Free Mint Chip Frappuccino

This caffeine-free Secret Menu Mint Chip Frappuccino is a perfect option for children, or for any of you who may just need a sip of holiday nostalgia, at any time of the day,

How to order: Ask for a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino, but substitute the mocha sauce for white mocha, and add a pump of peppermint. If you like your drinks extra chocolatey, you can ask your barista to add an extra scoop of chocolate chips and lots of chocolate drizzle.

Snickerdoodle Latte

Let us not beat around the bush: snickerdoodle cookies are a cult classic during this season. However, Starbucks has not yet capitalized on this by adding a syrup to their menu. Good thing I am here!

How to order: Ask for a Latte with half cinnamon dolce syrup, half sugar cookie syrup, and tons of cinnamon dolce sprinkles on top. I personally find this drink tastes best with blonde espresso and oat milk.

A Match(a) Made In Heaven

While I typically order my Matcha with vanilla, this season I’ve been drooling over this Secret Menu drink that tastes like it was concocted by the Gods.

How to order: Ask for a Matcha Tea Latte with oat milk and substitute the standard liquid cane syrup for the sugar cookie one. This drink is delicious iced or hot, and can be rendered even more festive by adding red and green sprinkles!

Please Chai This Latte

Chai Lattes from Starbucks are perfectly warm and spiced, though they can be made even better and even more festive with a few customizations. This might be my favourite Secret Menu beverage yet!

How to Order: Ask for an Iced Chai Latte with half chai and half brown sugar syrup, as well as pumpkin cold foam and pumpkin topping over the top. If life necessitates the extra caffeine, which I know at some point it always does, add a shot of blonde espresso to this drink.

Santa Frappuccino

This very well could be the prettiest drink recommendation I have up my sleeve, and is caffeine free, meaning it can be enjoyed at any time, by anyone. What more could you need?

How to order: Ask for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with an added pump of raspberry syrup, with strawberry purée at the bottom of the cup. When your barista pours the Frappuccino over the purée, a red design with decorate the inside of the cup, making this one very Instagrammable. You can also ask for the purée on top of the whipped cream, as well as red and green sprinkles to add to the festivity. But drink with caution, this one might be addictive!

Bottom Line Is: If you have saved up enough points and want to venture out of the mundane drinks we all consume too often, go for one of these Secret Menu Starbucks beverages—they may just spice up your holiday season. And FYI: None of these will annoy your barista, so long as you provide the correct recipes! Cheers friends, until next time!

Sacha LaRocque

McMaster '23

A fourth-year English and Cultural Studies student at McMaster University, further pursuing a Concurrent Certificate in Creative Writing and Narrative Arts. A devotee of literature, oddly specific Spotify playlists, and films that make me uncomfortable. Also a self-appointed coffee connoisseur.