This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

Dear Diary,

We made it! This school year has been a wild ride, but exams are finally done and I’m free. Honestly, having to do university virtually was rough; trying to understand the lectures over Zoom, the many technical difficulties taking up class time, and don’t even get me started on the proctoring software. Exams crashed while we were writing, some profs seemed to not care at all and put no effort into the class, and overall, it was…an experience. It wasn’t all bad though. I got to sleep in, roll out of bed into class while still in my pajamas, which honestly, I will miss so much when we are back on campus. Most tests and quizzes were open book and I doubt that will happen next year if we are in-person. This definitely wasn’t the year to work on my time management skills that’s for sure! Even though I did school entirely from my bedroom I managed to make amazing friends and connections. I have people in my life that I consider to be my best friends and I’ve technically never met them. Isn’t that crazy?

This year was full of so many ups and downs and new experiences, despite the fact that I just sat in my house re-living the same day over and over again. This year will be one to remember and though it’s been hard, I’m grateful for all of the amazing things I have in my life! I have to say though, I’m super pumped for the summer. I just hope we will be allowed to go to the beach! Either way, another school year has come and gone. It definitely was an unconventional one but I’m excited to see what next year brings!

-XOXO, Me

Virginia Howard

McMaster '24

Virginia is a first-year social science student! You can find her at home studying or playing with her two little kids, or out travelling the world or dancing!