This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McMaster chapter.

The season to experiment with beauty is here! When it comes to your beauty checklist for Fall, it’s all about bidding adieu to the “no makeup” makeup routine of the hot summer months and welcoming the colder months that lie ahead. From cozy sweaters to knee high boots, fall welcomes an entirely new look, including a re-vamped beauty routine, for all you beauty fanatics out there.

Ahead, we have 10 exciting and new ways you can welcome the hottest beauty trends this autumn. Keep scrolling!

Hair

OlaPlex No. 3 Hair Perfector

This concentrated hair treatment not only reduces breakage, but also strengthens the hair from within. It’s suitable for all hair types and leaves you with strong, luscious locks. This magic-in-a-bottle is the only product your hair needs for its post summer cleanse. Moreover, this product is formulated without parabens and sulfates, so you can say goodbye to damaged hair and hello to a healthy, luscious mane!

Briogeo: Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado+Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask

This allure beauty award winner is everything your hair needs to nourish, moisture and soften those locks. The deep conditioning, protein-free hair mask works wonders to ensure your hair stays soft, smooth and manageable. Besides all the beauty benefits this product provides, it is also vegan, cruelty free, and its packaging is recyclable. Don’t miss out on getting your hands on this moisturizing mask and reaching all your hair goals this season.

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo

Not only is this new dry shampoo a crowd favorite, but it also comes in four scents (think original, vanilla bourbon, lush and coconut colada) to keep your hair care stocked up for every season! The shampoo leaves your hair feeling clean and good as new, while also giving it the much-needed volume you’re looking for. This cruelty-free product will become your go-to for those lazy days when all you need is a few sprays and a cozy knit.

Skincare

Farmacy Green clean makeup removing cleansing balm

We all need an easy fix for removing our make up after a long day, especially in the coziest season of the year. Look no further than this vegan & cruelty free cleansing balm. It instantly melts makeup off while also giving your skin all the nutrients it needs from natural extracts (sunflower and ginger oil, turmeric and papaya enzymes, you know the drill). This makeup-removing balm is another allure beauty favorite all of us skincare lovers need this season to give our skin the exfoliation and care it needs.

Olehenriksen Banana Bright eye crème

Wake up before you makeup! This undereye crème is everything our baggy eyes need this fall to fight away those dark circles and dryness. Olehenriksen’s Vitamin C-rich eye crème leaves a subtle and illuminating base for your concealer and leaves your under-eye skin feeling plump and awake. This beauty must-have features a sweet scent along with all the energizing nutrients to give your skin the perfect prep step for the day!

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Don’t like the feeling of waking up with dry chapped lips this season? Look no further than this leave-on lip mask that soothes and moisturizes those lips in all the right ways. Available in seven fruity scents, this lip mask is enriched with all those nutrients your lips didn’t know it needed. From vitamin C and antioxidants to the small dose of hyaluronic acid, this go-to from Laneige will make your lips soft, supple and fresh to the touch.

Makeup

Milk Makeup hydro grip primer

Look no further than this primer, for every beauty guru out there looking for a weightless finish to his or her fall makeup looks. This award-winning gel primer comes with hemp-derived cannabis seed extract and blue agave extract to leave your skin with a smooth and hydrated feel. As the weather gets cooler, you want to ensure your skin doesn’t get duller. This beauty favorite will leave you with the exact cool, calm and smooth skin that all of us are looking for.

Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez: Liquid touch weightless foundation

Another celebrity making its way in the beauty industry? Yes please. Selena Gomez’s new line promotes a natural and “rare” look. She hit a home run with this weightless foundation! The product, sold in forty-eight different shades, leaves the skin feeling weightless, breathable and like you have nothing on your skin. This vegan and cruelty-free foundation ticks all our medium to full coverage foundation needs for fall makeup looks and leaves the skin feeling comfortable and calm. Even more, Rare Beauty has pledged 1% of their annual sales toward mental health services for underserved communities. Full coverage and a good cause? We’re sold!

Patrick Ta Monochrome Moment Velvet Blush

Having a subtle, flushed look is a year-round must, but specifically everyone’s favourite fall look. This season, make your cheeks pop with this creamy and smooth velvet cheek color that glides onto the skin, giving it the perfect rosy glow and radiant finish. This makeup guru’s buttery blush formula blends seamlessly into the skin and is the perfect finishing touch you need for any makeup look! 

Fenty Beauty By Rihanna: Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick

Every fall comes with a new cozy wardrobe and a bold lip, and it doesn’t get any better than this plush matte lipstick from Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty. These rich-colored lipsticks are the perfect go-to for leaving your lips feeling weightless and defined. With over twenty-four pigmented and velvety shades, this lipstick gives us full fall vibes. Whether it’s a bold red, warm nude, or an understated mauve these universal shades will give your lips the perfect combination of velvet and matte, and define them with every stroke!

Tanvi is a third year Business Student at the DeGroote School of Business pursuing a major in Marketing with a minor in French. Apart from her passion for writing, Tanvi enjoy's a good fiction book on the weekends and loves taking her dog on playdates to wind down! She is excited to see where her journey with HerCampus takes her.