Spring Break’s Expectation Vs. Reality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Spring Break came and passed, however, our expectations usually doline up with the reality of this week. You may have dreampt of travel and fun but this usually results in hanging around your house watching reruns with your cat. No matter where you spent your spring break, it likely didn’t meet your expectations.

Expectation: Exploring distant cities and countries.

Reality: Remembering how expensive that is and ending up at the mall.

Expectation: Finally catching up on lost sleep thanks to midterms.

Reality: Your parents don’t care about your health and of lack of sleep and  wake you up early for breakfast and chores.

Expectations: Getting turnt up  every night.

Reality: You turn up too hard once and feel it for the second half of your break.

Expectation: Bring all your winter clothes home to save time during move out day.

Reality: You bring back all your summer and spring clothes only adding to the problem. 

Self-taught in photography, Domonique is currently a senior at MCLA majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing and literature. She is vice president of Photography Club and Education Club, along with being a photographer for Yearbook and general member of Harlequin, Craft Club, and such. In her spare time she enjoys spooky things and geeky things, dabbling in and out of the world of horror and anime. She hopes to overcome her problem with procrastination and one day be noticed by Senpai. But we will see.....next week on Dragon Ball Z!