This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

Happy Birthday Quinton.

“Today could’ve been the day that you blow out your candles, make a wish as you close your eyes. Today could’ve been the day everybody was laughing’ instead I just sit here and cry. Who would you be?” – Gone too soon, Daughtry

April 29, 2015

You didn’t come walking through the door. That’s okay, maybe you’re in the nurse’s office, or with the guidance counselor. I know you’ll come walking through the door in seventh period. I know you will. You have to come walking through the door. I did the english homework, I promise you can have it. I’ll tell you all about it, I know you didn’t do it, you never do. You’re not sitting here, the class is half over now and you’re still not here. That’s okay you must have stayed home again today.

May 1, 2015

It was you Q. I tried so hard to fight it. I tried to believe you would come walking through the door, but you haven’t and you aren’t going to. It’s real, it’s you and this isn’t a joke, or a nightmare. This isn’t something I can just wake up from. You deserved so much better.

May 9, 2015

This isn’t goodbye, this is just until we meet again.

April 1, 2016

Happy Birthday Quinton. It still feels like yesterday you were stealing my vocab off my desk in Academic Support and then again when we got back into English. I still remember those days where I was upset and you’d walk in and tell me to smile. I yearn for those days. I’m glad you were assigned next to me the first quarter of English.I’m glad I had the pleasure of knowing you. Not a day goes by that you’re not thought of, missed, and loved. I hope you’re doing well up there, Q.

December 16, 2017

I miss you everyday. I miss your contagious smile and laugh. I miss the sneaky look on your face when you stole my English homework off my desk, as if I wouldn’t give it to you anyways. I miss your positivity and jokes. I miss it all. The first thing I did when I got my yearbook last night was check to make sure you were in it. Not a day goes by where you’re not missed.

April 28, 2017

Another year without you, another year making the best of SkillsUSA States. I just know, in my heart, every time I’m here that you would’ve loved this.You were destined for greatness.You could have succeeded in anything. I miss you today and everyday. I got another flag in honor of you today.

March 28, 2018

I wish you could have succeeded in SkillsUSA alongside me for the past two years. I wish you could have finished your senior project and presented it to the judges. I know for a fact you would have passed with flying colors, you would have made it to the senior project fair. You had so much love for your shop. I wish you could’ve gone on the senior trips. I wish I was sitting there watching you walk across the stage instead of listening to the valedictorian talk about you. You had so many plans and it’s not fair you didn’t get to reach any of them. I wish you could’ve been everything you set out to be. You were one of the nicest kids I ever met and life’s just not fair. You should be here Q, you should fucking be here.

April 1, 2018

I miss you more each and every day. Your birthday is here, I wish you were here to see it. I wish you were living your dreams right now. I’ll never understand why this had to happen, you were such a great kid who had so many dreams. Your heart was always in the right place. I miss hearing your laugh and us jokingly going at it about you stealing my English homework. Life’s just not fair without you. I hope wherever you are (wherever and whatever the afterlife is)you’re enjoying yourself. I miss you.

Meghan is a sophomore who majors in Psychology with a minor in behavior analysis. She is one of the two campus correspondents of the MCLA chapter. Writing has become first nature for her- it's like riding a bike into paradise. She primarily writes about love with the hope to become the female version of Nicholas Sparks someday.