sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Breast Cancer Awareness: A message from MCLA’s CC’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MCLA chapter.

MCLA’s HerCampus Chapter is buckling up for a very exciting week on campus. We decided to dedicate a week of articles and activities in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In our last meeting, a team member expressed interest in hosting an event in honor of the cause, and together we brainstormed ideas on how we could make a whole themed week about it. It’s been about a month in on our first semester back on campus and our first month being Campus Correspondents. Through trial and error we’ve been trying to figure this all out, and our team is finally growing and getting to know each other. We knew by the excitement expressed by our team when this idea arose that we had to jump at the opportunity to get everyone involved. So not only are our articles going to be about Breast Cancer Awareness, but we plan to hand out Breast Cancer ribbon pins around campus through our tabling events to get MCLA’s students and faculty involved.

Expect to read a handful of wonderful and informative articles, along with a lot of pink. Nothing HerCampus can’t handle. As a whole we think it’s really important to spread awareness especially at a college age. It’s a crucial time to begin making good habits and catching breast cancer early can be a deciding factor of life or death. It’s a beautiful time to band together and fight!

For those of you who are fighting this disease—we believe in you.

For those of you who have beat it—we are so proud of you.

For the families who have lost someone—our hearts are with you.

You are all fighters and none of you are alone. Breast Cancer is tough, but YOU are tougher.

Kelsey Rose is one of the two campus correspondents for the MCLA HerCampus chapter. She's a marketing major with a minor in entrepreneurship and likes to think she's the modern day Carrie Bradshaw. Kelsey is an enthusiast for fake eyelashes, music, comedy, and interesting dialogue.
Meghan is a sophomore who majors in Psychology with a minor in behavior analysis. She is one of the two campus correspondents of the MCLA chapter. Writing has become first nature for her- it's like riding a bike into paradise. She primarily writes about love with the hope to become the female version of Nicholas Sparks someday.