Weekend Getaway: Mont-Tremblant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Nestled in the heart of the Laurentian Mountains, the picturesque village of Mont-Tremblant is a winter wonderland. A little more than an hour away from Montreal, it is the perfect destination for a weekend getaway come the first snow. The following guide will hopefully assist you in planning your trip to splendid Mont-Tremblant.

Outdoor Activities:

Domaine Saint-Bernard: Spending a day at the Domaine Saint-Bernard is a wonderful way to enjoy Tremblant’s breathtaking landscape. You can snowshoe or cross-country ski on one of the many trails that travel through the Domaine. During your expedition, you might cross a few visitors: the birds at the Domaine love to be handfed!  

Also located at the Domaine Saint-Bernard, the Astronomy Pavilion is an attraction not to be missed if you are interested in the universe and its mysteries (but who isn’t?!). Note: The Pavilion opens every Saturday at 8PM (reservations required).  

Mont-Tremblant Ski Resort: A skier/snowboarders’ paradise, the Mont-Tremblant Ski Resort is Tremblant’s main attraction. Apart from unbeatable slopes, the Ski Resort also offers activities such as tubing, ice skating and dogsledding.

Indoor Activities:

Cinéma Mont-Tremblant: Should you be like me, preferring the comfort (and warmth!) associated with being indoors, you can go relax and enjoy a movie at the Cinéma Mont-Tremblant. Located in the Pedestrian Village, the cinema is small, cosy and offers an interesting movie line-up.

Pedestrian Village: Mont-Tremblant’s European-styled Pedestrian Village is a great place to take a leisurely stroll. The many shops, ranging from well-known brands such as Roots to small souvenir shops and independent boutiques, offer an extremely diverse shopping experience.

Spa-sur-le-Lac: If all those hours spent outdoors have taken their toll on your skin, an afternoon of pampering will surely be welcome. Overlooking Lac Tremblant, the Spa-sur-le-Lac is the place to go for a relaxing massage or a rejuvenating facial.

Scandinave Spa: Hot baths, thermal waterfalls and Swedish massages: need I say more?

Where to Eat:

Bar Café d’Époque: Named the best club in Mont-Tremblant by SKI Magazine, the Bar Café d’Époque is the place to go if you want to experience Mont-Tremblant’s nightlife.

Casey’s Resto-Bar: If you seek a more casual atmosphere, Casey’s Resto-Bar lets you enjoy a large plate of nachos while watching the game on one of the restaurant’s large screens.

Couleur Café: Not only is the coffee at Couleur Café extremely tasty (and Fair Trade Certified), they also offer a great assortment of healthy breakfast and lunch options. A personal favourite of mine, their gluten and sugar-free cookie proves that healthy foods can be full of flavour.

Le Cheval de Jade: A short drive from the Mont-Tremblant Ski Resort, Le Cheval de Jade serves up delicious French fine cuisine. Built inside a charming ancestral home, this restaurant is perfect for intimate tête-à-têtes.

La Savoie: There is nothing quite like sharing a fondue or raclette with close friends after a day on the slopes. If you agree, then you should definitely find your way to the Pedestrian Village to enjoy a great meal at La Savoie. 

sEb l’Artisan Culinaire: Having your cookbook prefaced by Hollywood legends Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones is not an honour given to many chefs. Not only has chef Sebastien Houle received that particular honour, the modern, inventive gastronomic menu he created for his restaurant has also often been praised by gastronomes. If you want to treat yourself to a wonderful culinary experience, sEb is where you should make your reservation. 

Photo sources:

http://www.tremblant.ca/

http://www.domainesaintbernard…