Top 4 Roommate Bonding Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Let’s face it: there is no bond more special than the bond you share with your roommate(s). Whether, you are best friends or just acquaintances, your roommate plays an essential role in your life. I mean, they are the ones who you see almost 24/7, the ones who call you out for not washing your dishes, and the ones who you can always count on to go yell at your neighbours for being loud on a school night. In my opinion, your roommate is your person. Sometimes, however, we get so wound up in our own lives (exams, studying, more exams, etc.) that we forget to appreciate just how awesome our roommates are. Here are a few activities you and your roommate can take part in to bond with each other when you both have some free time.

1.     Wine and Movie Night

Wine with anything is a good idea. So why not pair it with a feel-good movie (my personal favourite is Bridesmaids) and have a fun night in?

Optional (but highly recommended): popcorn, chips, ice cream, and any other yummy snacks.

2.     Taco Night

Cooking is always more fun when you’re doing it with other people! Plus, if you aren’t usually one to cook (i.e. takeout is your best friend) then this is a great opportunity to learn a few things and also split up the work! Pick a yummy taco recipe online and make a delicious meal together. If you’re vegetarian, you can substitute meat with even more veggies!

Optional: chips, salsa, and guacamole

Note: if you aren’t feeling up for a meal, baking brownies or cookies is always a good alternative!

3.     Cleaning Dance Party

No one likes to clean, but when you turn it into an activity involving dancing and singing, it won’t even feel like a chore. Turn on some jams and sing karaoke with your roommates as you make your place look spotless. It’ll make the cleaning process go by faster and you can practice your vocals for when you become one of Beyoncé’s next backup singers (…or is that just me?).

4.     Living Room Workout

Let’s be honest with ourselves, going to the gym requires an amount of effort that most of us are not willing to put in. Luckilyy for you, you can turn your living room into your own personal workout area. Choose what kind of workout you want to do (yoga, core-strengthening, a circuit, etc.), find a YouTube video, and get to work! You’ll feel accomplished and energized in no time!

Images obtained from:

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/2015/08/22/o-COLLEGE-ROOMMA…