The Threepenny Opera: Laughter and Musical Satire at its Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Event Date & Time: April 3-April 12, Starts at 7:30 PM and ends at 10:30 PM

Location: Moyse Hall Theatre

Bawdy songs, shameful caterwauling, trilling sopranos, earnest pleas, and dirty jokes–what more can you ask for? The McGill University Department of English Drama & Theatre Program gives you The Threepenny Opera, the story of Ms. Polly Peachum’s marriage to Captain Macheath, the most wanted man in London. It’s a perfect satire by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill on the conventions of musical theatre. The McGill Drama department have collaborated with students in Costuming for Theatre and Stage Scenery to bring you this spectacle. They guarantee a night of unexpected twists, saucy brothels, and even one public hanging. All are invited to come on out and laugh away!

For more information, visit their Facebook page

Image Retrieved From: https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/l/t1.0-9/1966817_102020…

Erica is a writer for Her Campus. She is currently in her second year at McGill, pursuing a degree in English (Cultural Studies). She is also an aspiring writer who loves fashion, beauty, travel, and culture. She hopes that you enjoy her articles and her insights into the world around her.