Spring Looks We’re Lusting For: His & Hers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

As fall fashion week comes to a close in New York City, it’s time to pump the brakes and remember what season is upon us. In a few short weeks, the snow will be melting, the sun will be shining, and you’ll be able ditch your parka and boots in favor of fewer layers and cuter shoes (hopefully.) To take your mind off midterms and the weather, and to get you thinking ahead, we’ve wrangled up three looks that will be key this spring. While we were at it, we went ahead and put together looks for the men in your life, too. Whether he’s your boyfriend or your best friend, everyone loves a well-coordinated duo.

Subtle 70s Bohemian

Rebecca Taylor Spring 2015

Saint Laurent Spring 2015

After a long winter, there are few things more refreshing to see than florals. Instead of bright, oversized prints, this spring it’s all about 70s microprints. On the Rebecca Taylor runway, the looks were ethereal, flowy and light. Saint Laurent also put out 60s and 70s-inspired looks for men, including Baja sweaters, shearling vests and skinny suits. However, the ponchos and sergeant pepper vests aren’t for the faint of heart.  To make the 70s look 21st century appropriate, you may have to adopt this trend carefully. If you’re not adventurous, a black denim jacket will do the trick without looking like you just stepped out of a time machine.  For her, throw on a light, floral frock with a cropped jacket, mid-calf leather boots and messy waves for a spring-in-Montreal suitable look.

Modern Safari

Michael Kors Spring 2015

Michael Kors Spring 2015

Modern safari was showcased on both Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs spring runways, and it’s all about ease and timelessness. A trench-style sleeveless dress is a simple and instantly put-together way to wear the trend. For a chic and effortless look, push your hair back with some tortoiseshell sunnies, grab an oversized tote and throw on some flat sandals when it warms up. For him, reach for a pair of slim chinos. To keep the look youthful, pair them with sneakers and a light blue pullover.

Sporty Minimalism

Alexander Wang Spring 2015

Alexander Wang Spring 2015

If leggings and a hoodie is your go-to outfit, then your sartorial prayers have been answered. Sportswear made its way to the spring runways, being showcased by both Proenza Schouler and Alexander Wang. Though it may not exactly be workout attire, neoprene skater skirts, sporty polos, zippers and drawstrings are going to be a major hit this spring. This trend is ideal for everyday, but can definitely be worn out in the evening. Try sneakers paired with a skater skirt and a sweatshirt with sporty detail. To go out, swap the sweater out in favor of a neoprene cropped tank. On him, to make sure things don’t get sloppy, opt for a thick cotton pullover sweatshirt paired with slim, dark, jeans and running shoes with a pop of color.

Cue the online shopping!

Images obtained from Style.com