This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Halloween in Montreal never seems to disappoint, especially if you are a McGill student. With the plethora of events, concerts, and parties there is something going on for just about every person.  SSMU kicked off the Halloween festivities last Thursday with it’s annual 4 Floors party.  Having each of the four floors decorated to Halloween perfection and accompanied by a different DJ, partygoers were able to freely bounce from floor to floor and enjoy a change of scenery. The great thing about 4 Floors is that its one heck of a party, its at McGill, and its with McGill students, making it an interesting and fun way to meet people.

Friday night, amongst all of the other Halloween events, I was able to go to Time Supper Club to see trapstep producers Flosstradamus. Trapstep, sort of a mix between hip-hop beats and dubstep, is the new electronic music genre on the rise.  Energy, heavy drums, and bass truly define the genre of trapstep. Flosstradamus came out with a great intensity and put on one great performance for the crowd (who were all dressed from head to toe in Halloween garb).

Following an exiting Friday night, Saturday proved to be just as Halloween-filled. One event that occurred was the Halloween party bus crawl which goes from club to club giving patrons a change of scenery and an opportunity to get the best of all the Halloween parties. However, I decided to change up the scenery and go to Les Foufounes Electriques Halloween party. Better known as “Foufs,” their annual Halloween party features a more punk and metal perspective on Halloween. Famous for their intense costume contest, prepare to be spooked at the frighteningly great costumes and fantastic assortment of punk and metal music the bar has to offer.

To conclude an exciting Halloweekend, Halloween went out with a bang on Wednesday with the Kill Halloween party at New City Gas with popular South American DJ Erick Morillo. New City Gas, which always guarantees a good time, decorated its gorgeous insides to resemble a spooked out club in order to set the mood for the final Halloween event offered.  If dancing isn’t really your style, Imperial Theater offered it’s final performance of cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture show.  Rocky Horror, a film from the 1970’s featuring Tim Curry as crazed Dr. Frank-N-Furter, has since become a popular and classic Halloween party.  If the typical party scene is not your cup of tea, Rocky Horror is certainly a great second choice.

Halloween is a great time of the year to go out of your normal boundaries, dress up, and have fun. With so many opportunities that Montreal offers, every person has the perfect sort of Halloween festivity for every preference.  Whether you love to dance, want to see a DJ you like, or just want to hang out at a bar with your friends in costume, Halloweekend is never dull.

Photo: http://www.last.fm/music/Flosstradamus

Olivia Lifman is in her final year at McGill University, where she is completing an Honours BA in English Literature with a minor concentration in International Relations. Passionate about writing, reading, and the Arts, she is the Editor-in-Chief of both Her Campus McGill and McGill's English Department's Undergraduate Academic Journal, The Channel, as well as a literacy tutor. She has coached tennis for five years and is an avid haf-marathon runner. Olivia is very much looking forward to extending McGill's campus beyond its university borders and into the city of Montreal at large as she works more closely with Her Campus this year.