Restaurant Roundup: Dirty Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Dirty Dogs should be on every McGill student’s Montreal Food bucket list. From gourmet poutines to loaded hot dogs, Dirty Dogs serves up deliciously indulgent comfort food in multiple locations in Montreal. Their success even has them looking for franchising deals in Quebec.

After a week of midterms, a carbo-load indulgence seemed justifiable, so I headed to Dirty Dogs with my roommate to try it out. The layout of their new location at 3685 St. Laurent has an upscale diner feel, with inviting décor and lots of tables.

We decided to order at the takeout stand and we had trouble deciding what to get simply because everything looks amazing. Luckily the staff was extremely helpful with suggestions. Each gourmet hot dog option can be either a pork, beef, or vegetarian dog. They have multiple vegan and vegetarian options that everyone can enjoy. 

We eventually decided upon trying an array of everything – “Le Mac & Cheese” hot dog, “Le K-Pop” hot dog, the cinnamon toast crunch milkshake, and the classic poutine. 

Every single item was delectable, and their poutine was the best I’ve had in Montreal. Even the cinnamon toast crunch milkshake was perfection: not too sweet, but rich and refreshing. The K-Pop hotdog was topped with kimchi and BBQ sauce, giving it a tangy and salty taste.

The only issue we had was realizing when we got home that they had forgotten the mac & cheese hot dog in our take out bag. Initially this might turn me off of a restaurant; but the rest of the dishes were so absurdly good that I will definitely be eating at Dirty Dogs again – and I’ll even order another mac & cheese hot dog.

Overall, Dirty Dogs is an amazing restaurant to get your fix of cheesy, greasy, and heavenly hot dogs and poutine. Just remember to double check your take out bag!

Credits to:

http://www.irinatee.com/2015/04/21/top-10-best-montreal-comfort-food-spots/dirty-dogs-montreal-2/

Kelly is currently a Second Year with Advanced Standing at McGill University studying History, Business Management, and Psychology. She loves everything food related, and has her own food blog in the works.