OOTD: The Layered Up Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

As we are impatiently waiting for the first signs of Spring, and anxiously anticipating the final episodes of this extended season of winter, we are teased by the endlessly falling snow and the mountains of snow that are stubbornly staying past their winter lease. Instead of packing away our puffy winter jackets, we are stuck in this hybrid seasonal limbo where some days we can get by with a light jacket and cardigan, but other days we still have to bundle up in scarves and mittens. Luckily, I caught this brunette cutie on campus on a good day, where a light jacket was sufficient and weather-permitting.

With a speckled grey cardigan layered under a green military jacket, this week’s fashionable collegiette paired her casual ensemble with some red lace up Doc Martens and high-waisted blue jeans that were cuffed at the ankles. Her round glasses add a retro factor to the entire outfit, and her bob haircut looks so chic on her that it’s starting to convince me to chop off my boring long locks and do something different with my hair.

I absolutely loved her grey speckled cardigan, and in this next shot, I wanted to capture her outfit without her military jacket to put a bigger spotlight on the cardigan underneath. I’ve always been a big fan of cardigans — when I saw this one, I instantly wanted it in my closet. I’ve been in search for a slouchy and oversized cardigan for quite a while now, and this one is the ideal cardigan that I’ve envisioned in my mind — everything from the grey speckles, its length, and how it so perfectly drapes over a simple tank top and jeans.

Photo set retrieved from:http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=118517053

Political Science student, hopeless romantic, dreamer, and a firm believer that "those who are crazy enough to think that they change the world, are the ones who do"