Nightclub Review: Blvd44

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

If you’re feeling like poking your high-heeled-clad foot out the door in search for a classier night out, then look no farther than Blvd44. 

Offering a fresh vibe with stunning interiors, Blvd44 is no stranger to the Montreal nightclub scene. Located at 2108 Saint Laurent, this nightclub boasts a pulsing atmosphere, making it the perfect final stop of our HerCampus Team Cocktail Crawl. The club is tucked cosily next to Hotel 10, but don’t be intimidated by the seemingly exclusive vibe of the place—they do have a reputation to uphold (and so do you, for that matter), so dress up before going here! 

The decor is refreshingly modern and clean cut, and I was impressed by the waterfall lights that line the wall in the interior entrance by coat check. Speaking of which, coat check is $3 per person, so ladies, be sure to toss in some loonies and toonies into that purse before dashing out.

After being stamped, the HerCampus McGill team shimmied our way towards our table under the mezzanine overlooking the dancefloor. Ten minutes and two songs later, we had our complimentary bottle of Polar Ice sitting pretty in a bucket of ice, and a bartender was mixing us delicious cranberry and orange vodkas as fast as she could. Good bottle service? Check. 

Feeling well buzzed and dancy, we skipped out onto the dance floor to a crowd bobbing along to house, R&B, hip-hop, Electro and Top 40 dance club anthems which we of course had no qualms about joining. The crowd was made up of mostly primped up early to late twenty-somethings; a refreshing change from partying with the boys and girls from my various psychology lectures.

Time to finally get that ‘fancier-than-cafe-campus-but-too-fancy-for-dinner’ dress you’ve been wanting to wear for ages off its hanger. You’re welcome. And just as well, because a photographer circulates the dancefloor nightly, dutifully taking photos of anyone who will ask politely, we, the Her Campus McGill Team made sure to bring our picture perfect smiles with us while busting our moves on the dancefloor.

HC McGill writers Cleona Tsang, Fantita Kamara, and Michelle Sung (left to right) pose for a pic at Blvd 44.

The finishing touch to the overall atmosphere of sophistication is a stage that looms over the dance floor. Screaming “baller territory,” its tables are literally on a different level, at which you can sit at with your entourage who are now $700 poorer. 

But seriously, Blvd44’s decor game is strong. Trust me when I say that I’ve seen some extremely well-furnished clubs back home in Bangkok (aka the Mecca of Nightlife) and yet, our very own Blvd44 is a viable competitor. 

In case Bangkok-level decor isn’t a game-changer for you, there are definitely lots of cuties at Blvd44 that you may just bump into! If that’s not incentive enough, I don’t know what is. 

Blvd44 has their own website where you can make table reservations and sign up to get on the guest list, so be sure to check it out!

Images obtained from:

http://www.blvd44montreal.com/accueil/ and HerCampus McGill Writer Fantita Kamara.