McGill Campus Cutie: Uros Simovic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Major: Electrical Engineering
Graduating: December 2012
Hometown: Belgrade, Serbia
Favourite city & why? Istanbul. It caught me by surprise, I wasn’t expecting such a wonderful combination of East and West, old and modern. I honestly wasn’t expecting much, when you go to Paris and New York you feel like you’ve been there before because of all the movies, but Istanbul, I felt like I was discovering it on my own
What does your ideal Friday night entail? Absolutely anything with friends, it could be a fancy bar or just relaxing on a couch
Favourite meal? This is quite difficult, it all depends on the season, availability, and my overall mood, but a home cooked meal is always appreciated. It has the best spice out there and it’s prepared with love (I know it sounds cheesy but hey, you know it’s true)
If you could be any superhero, which one would you be? Batman, out of all of them he is the only one that has no superpowers and is the most selfless
Hobbies: The oldest hobby I have is paleontology. At some point in time, I wanted to study science, biology, evolution, and ultimately, paleontology. Unfortunately, my family of engineers didn’t like that idea so I turned that passion into my hobby. If you walk into my room, you will find dozens of university level books, wooden skeletons, and if you are lucky I might even show you some fossils I acquired over the years
Something no one knows about you? If there is something no one knows about me, I would like to keep it that way

Sofia Mazzamauro, born and raised in Montreal, is majoring in English Cultural Studies and minoring in Communication and Italian Studies. Along with being the editor-in-chief of Her Campus McGill, she is a writer for Leacock’s online magazine’s food section at McGill University and the editor of the Women’s Studies Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Journal. After graduation, she aspires to pursue a career in lifestyle magazine writing in Montreal.