McGill Campus Cutie: Sonia Duda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Major: Sociology
Nationality: Canadian and Polish
Relationship Status: I think I’m single
Activities/Interests: I’m such a foodie! I love cooking and going out to eat. Besides food, I like doing relaxing things like walking around the city, reading a good book, or just watching a movie with a few close friends
Favorite TV show: 16 and Pregnant. I am just so fascinated by this show. I guess that’s sort of a guilty pleasure of mine
Favorite travel destination: I’m definitely a city girl. My favorite city that I’ve been to so far is Mumbai. I would move there in a second. There are so many places I have yet to visit though!
Favorite restaurant: This is so hard. It really depends on my mood…I just thought of this great brunch place I went to in Brooklyn called The Spot. They had bottomless mimosas. I went with a bunch of friends and it was a great experience—I must go back! 
Favorite place to shop: I don’t really have a favorite shop. I like any little boutique that catches my eye. However, if I need something in a pinch, I know I can count on Forever XXI
Celebrity crush: Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Although I think he will marry Zooey Deschanel and they will live happily ever after and I will be happy for them
Where do you see yourself ten years from now: Hopefully I’ll be starting to get an idea of where I want to settle down. Until then, I’d like to experience as much as possible
Biggest pet peeve: It really bugs me when people complain. If you can’t do anything about it, there’s no point in dwelling on the situation. If you can do something about it, do it! It’s amazing how hard some people think that is
Favorite dish: I really couldn’t narrow it down to just one. I love all food. There’s nothing like a big bowl of pho during exams though
Favorite movie: Sometimes a movie resonates with you when you watch it at the right moment. Right now, I’m a big fan of SLC Punk. Having said that, Amélie is my all time favorite movie
Who is your biggest role model? My mom. She’s so free. She does whatever she wants, she’s beautiful, and she really believes in me.
Most embarrassing moment: Looking back at some of the things I wore in high school…
What is your biggest fear? Probably not being able to do everything I want to do in life
What is your biggest aspiration? I’d like to help my best friend start her clothing line. I want to run a socially and environmentally responsible business and really help people with it
Words of wisdom: YOLO. Seriously, you only live once. I think people forget that. Take every opportunity you’re given and run with it

Sofia Mazzamauro, born and raised in Montreal, is majoring in English Cultural Studies and minoring in Communication and Italian Studies. Along with being the editor-in-chief of Her Campus McGill, she is a writer for Leacock’s online magazine’s food section at McGill University and the editor of the Women’s Studies Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Journal. After graduation, she aspires to pursue a career in lifestyle magazine writing in Montreal.