Style > Beauty

The Latest in Beauty Care: 5 Must Have Korean Skin Care Products for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.
If you’ve been keeping up with all the current beauty trends, you are probably already familiar with the beauty industry’s growing fad for Korean cosmetics. The source of everything from our precious BB creams to eyelash extensions, Korea never fails to impress consumers with new and effective ingredients and methods. 

So how are we supposed to come across these supposedly awesome products when we are living on the other side of the world? Well, living in the 21st century has never been better, since you can purchase these international goodies in a variety stores nearby: The Face Shop in Eaton Centre and C&C Korean Cosmetics in Concordia and in Chinatown

To save you the trouble of never-ending research and inconsistent reviews in MakeupAlley, I went ahead and chose six affordable, effective products that are the most popular and those that I most regularly use. 

1. Chia Seed Series: availabe at The Face Shop
Chia seeds are best served on cereal, salads, yogurt and now, on your face. The best thing about this line is that its products contain 100% chia seed extract instead of water. You don’t need to purchase all of them to see the effect. For example, I use only the serum, which is light on the skin when applied but super moisturizing to keep your face hydrated all day.  

2. Pore Cleansing Oil: available for $20 at The Face Shop
After a long day of wearing foundation, your face needs a good scrub and nourishment with an oil cleanser. With a combination skin type like myself, you can expect the oil from this cleanser to rid the makeup while keeping the essential natural oil on your face to avoid breakouts. 
You can also check out this article for a more thorough guide on cleansers. 

3. Sheet Masks: available for $2/each at The Face Shop and C&C
From Kelp to Acai Berry, these food sheet masks are the easiest way to take care of your skin. The food types of the masks should be chosen depending on your skin type, and a guide is  conveniently written on the packaging.

4. Spot Clear Intensive patch: available for $1.50 at The Face Shop

This package comes with 50 tiny transparent patches with a diameter of 1cm that you put on top of your acne. These sticker-like patches works to relieve and lessen the appearance of spots. It’s probably one of the cheapest remedies for acne and will work wonders. 

5. Egg pore blackhead gel: available for $14.99 at C&C Cosmetics
This funny-looking white egg contains a gel that you can apply on your blackhead area, to purify your skin and remove dead skin cells. Unlike the strips that can leave your nose looking like a seedless stawberry, the gel is soothing and leaves your skin smooth, tight and bright.

No matter what kind of products you use, it’s important to take good care of your skin. 

Images obtained from: