Jukebox Burgers Will Make Your Diner Dreams Come True

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

I spent most of my spring break watching Netflix and relaxing. But on Saturday I decided to try out a restaurant I had been hearing about forever: Jukebox Burgers. When I walked in, I felt like I was transported to a world where Grease and Riverdale combine to fulfill all my diner dreams. It was the 1950s with a 21st century twist. While this place, located in Dollard-des-Ormeaux is a bit far if you live downtown, it is definitely worth the trip. There was even a functional Jukebox with a touch screen, and if you think that I blasted Shallow for the whole restaurant to hear, you would be absolutely correct.

The service was prompt and our waiter was hilarious. He was ready to give suggestions and made playful jokes, so from the very first moment we were greeted down to when we settled the bill, I felt like I was at a family joint, as if Pop himself was taking c​are of me. 

The food felt like a warm hug. We opted for the jumbo chicken wings to start, and they were amazing. Plump, fall off the bone, juicy, and pretty much perfect all around. The mild sauce was also great, giving just that right amount of spice. There are plenty of sauce options though, from ones that aren’t spicy at all, to ones where you’ll probably end up breathing fire. For my main course I decided to get the classic mac & cheese, and because there is no such thing as too many carbs, I got a side of waffle fries with a spicy sriracha mayo dipping sauce, while my sister got a steak wrap with waffle fries. We both went silent for a minute admiring and devouring all the delicious food. I don’t think I had ever been happier.

Except maybe when I was drinking the milkshake. That’s right, you didn’t think I forgot about this classic diner staple did you? The first thing we ordered was milkshakes, and I have to say they were amazing. I loved how much variety there was, even though it made choosing nearly impossible! I got a cookie dough milkshake and my sister got a smores milkshake, and my only complaint here is that I couldn’t try all the flavours. The milkshakes go beyond just being a cute token item, they actually taste delicious. 

Last but not least, this place had so many cute options for pictures; whether it’s a cute shot with your milkshake, or posing on the stools, you’re sure to leave with some quality content. Obviously that’s never the only reason to try a restaurant out, but the atmosphere just made it impossible not to photograph and document, because of how its impeccable design and retro vibes, combined with its amazing staff and delicious food, made our lunch a true experience. So next time you’re in the mood for some comfort food, and are looking for a change from all the restaurants you always go to, give Jukebox Burgers a try. 

Images obtained from:

My personal collection

https://jukeboxburgers.com/our-story 

https://www.realtor.ca/blog/postpage/7472/1364/get-to-know-dollard-des-o…

21 year-old McGill Undergraduate student majoring in english drama/theatre with minors in sociology and communications.