Event: Waka Waka Flame to Perform at New City Gas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

When: Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 10pm to 3am

Where: New City Gas (950 Rue Ottawa)

Spend your Saturday night living it up at Montreal’s favourite club and get to see one of your favourite rappers in the process. Waka Waka Flame will be taking the stage with Shaun Frank and DJ Whoo Kid at New City Gas on October 22.

Waka Waka Flame rose to fame in 2009 with the release of hit singles like “O Lets Do It” and “No Hands.” His debut album Flockaveli was released in 2010 and his second album Triple F Life: Friends, Fans, and Family came out in 2012. It’s sure to be a crazy night with these star-studded performances. Make sure to wear your best dancing shoes and rock some major confidence because we’re sure this is a night you’ll remember for a long time. 

You can purchase tickets through New City Gas here. For more information, you can check out the official Facebook event or New City Gas’ Facebook page and/or website.  

Alexandra is in her fourth and final year at McGill University, studying Joint Honors Political Science and Philosophy with a minor in Sexual Diversity Studies. She is a self-described coffee addict and Netflix junkie. Alexandra is passionate about sassy comebacks, collecting mason jars, and her hair straighenter. In her spare time she enjoys binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and shopping as a sport. Follow her sarcastic pursuits on Twitter @AlmostAlexandra and her obsession with filters on Instagram @alexandrasakellariou.