This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

It’s easy to get a bit sick of the same old nail colours, and manicures are not always the most affordabe, so I like to get a little creative with my colors. This nail design is super cool, extremely unique, and sure to get you tons of compliments.

What you will need:

Base Coat

3 of your favorite nail polish colors

Disposable cup

Clear tape

Toothpick

Step 1: Grab that topcoat and paint on a layer. Make sure you allow enough time for the polish to dry properly.

Step 2: Pick your colors! I chose Orange, Lime green, and Pink. But really, any colors that compliment one another should work just fine.

Step 4: Tape around your nail. The goal here is to cover any parts of skin that you don’t want covered in nail polish.

Step 5: Fill your plastic cup with water.

Step 6: Drip each color into the water. The polish will form rings, keep adding as much colour as you’d like. Remember to do this fairly quickly as the polish tends to dry fast.

Step 7: You can grab a toothpick or similar object, and use it to make designs in the nail polish that you dripped into the water. Or you can keep it stripy, totally your choice.

Step 8: Place your finger into the middle of the nail polish, vertically straight into the water.

Step 9: Remove your finger by bringing your nail up horizontally in line with the rim of the cup.

Step 10: Let the polish dry completely

Step 11: Once the polish is totally dry, you can remove the tape from around your fingers. There may be some excess polish on your skin but you can easily correct any mistakes with nail polish remover.

And voila! There you have your super neat marble nails, perfect for any occasion and sure to make you stand out.

Photos are the author’s own.