Day-to-Night Styles to Take You from Campus to The Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

By: Ana Zdravkovic 

Getting excited for fall is completely understandable, after all, Vogue‘s September issue is nothing but extraordinary inspiration for our soon-to-be-layered outfits. We may be switching off the AC, but that doesn’t mean we need to make any rash decisions about packing away our favorite summer items. Since we are lucky enough to be having a slow transition into the cooler temperatures, why not show off some skin while we still can? Incorporating your favourite pair of shorts or that adorable floral print skirt can take cozy to a whole new level of chic.

Leather shorts are a major staple of both a summer and fall wardrobe. They can be paired with a cozy knit sweater, ankle boots and any piece of statement jewelry, from necklaces to bangles. The leather material instantly allows for a more polished and mature look that you can rock both on and off campus by just adding accessories or stepping into your favorite pair of stilettoes.

Flared skirts are a favourite of fashionistas, who enjoy the versatility of the look. Paired with the proper accessories and clothing items, they can be worn to so many different places: from a casual lunch date to a night out with your girls. To make the look fit for sitting in long lectures or spending the day outside studying, grab your favourite flared floral skirt. Pair it with a loose scoop neck long sleeve, white converse and a jean jacket – in case of that cool September breeze. As students, our outfit options may not be as diverse as Nicole Richie’s (even though we do wish this was the case). We can transition this cute and casual look straight into one more suitable for Montreal nightlife. Exchange that jean jacket for a boyfriend blazer, put your hair in a topknot, slip on your thigh-highs and docs and, finally, swipe on your favourite lipstick for a pop of colour. You’re sure to stand out with just a few quick touch-ups before heading out for a night of fun.

So the next time you have that summertime nostalgia, don’t you fret! Your go-to summer styles are perfect for these cooler temperatures. Whether it’s during the day or a night out, you’re sure to have all eyes on you with these few simple tips and tricks.

Please Note: Photos used for this article are not the property of Her Campus or Her Campus McGill. They were retrieved from: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/4… and http://www.pinterest.com/pin/2….