Dancing in a Winter Wonderland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

As the month of February begins, the half way point of Igloofest has been completed. The unique music festival in the Old Port of Montreal has brought in some incredible DJs to entertain for the last two weekends.  In the first weekend, acts such as Montreal native Mistress Barbara, Kink, DJ Sneak, and Josh Wink all came to play on the Igloo Stage.  Thousands of concertgoers came out to dance in the snow and christen these first few incredible acts. I attended on Saturday, being lucky enough to enjoy the talents of DJ Sneak and Josh Wink. Needless to say, I was not disappointed. This past weekend featured great talents as well such as Ellen Allien, Russian beauty (and one of my personal favourites) Nina Kraviz, and trap innovators TNGHT. From what people have told me, each night was just as fantastic and fun as the night before.

One of the great things about Igloofest is the incredible amount of diversity in music that it offers. Some nights feature dubstep, some deep house, some nights trap, or other of the many different electronic genres there are. Just in two weeks the festival has featured DJs from all over the world and bringing many fans in Montreal out to dance in below freezing weather. Personally, I don’t know anywhere else in the world that offers such a fun and unique experience. It is truly unbelievable. I mean, where else are you going to be able to see ice sculptures, roast marshmallows, and dance in the snow with your tuque? Thankfully, if you have yet to experience Igloofest 2013, there are still two more weekends to go and see some killer acts such as Agoria, A Tribe Called Red, Caspa, Joe Goddard, and Joy Orbison. So, put on your Sorels, bundle up in your jacket, and get out to Igloofest at least once before it’s too late.