Campus Cutie: Louis Stein of Busty and the Bass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Meet Louis Stein, the enigmatic guitar player of Busty and the Bass, and the next cutie in our Busty and the Bass campus cutie series! To listen to some of Busty’s music, check out their SoundCloud and their Youtube channel. Bustified, their newest album, is available for download from their website. To stay updated on Busty and the Bass news, make sure to like them on Facebook!

Name: Louis Stein

Age: 23

Year: Fourth year

Major: Jazz performance

Hometown: New York City, New York, USA

Single or taken? By who?

What is the best venue you’ve ever played at? House of Jank.

What is your dream venue to play at? The moon.

What is your favourite memory with the band? Every day.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done at a show? Craziest thing I’ve ever done at a show is played music.

What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? “Hit Me Baby One More Time,” Britney Spears. It’s pretty awesome.

What song title or song lyric best describes your life? [Nods mysteriously]

Who are your favourite singers and/or bands? Busty and the Bass is definitely up there. Beyond that, I really like Bach, Arvo Pärt, and the world (as a musician).

What is your favourite colour? The rainbow.

What is your drink of choice? Water.

You’ve just won $5 million dollars from the lottery. What’s the first thing you do? Pick it up.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be? Louis.

Do you have any irrational fears? If so, what are they? Irrational fears. Terrified of them.

What was the highlight of your day today? Now.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Everywhere because there are more “theres” than here, but every “there” is a here.

What is the first thing you notice about people? Their truth.

If you could choose to stay at one age forever, what age would it be? This one.

Stay tuned for more Busty and the Bass campus cuties!

Images contributed by the interviewee.

After spending a wonderful fall 2015 term in Paris, France, Regina is in her final semester at McGill University, studying Economics and French. She loves reading and writing in her spare time, travelling to foreign places, and baking anything she has the ingredients for. She also occasionally plays the oboe. Some of Regina's favourites include the colour blue, the season of fall, and the movie You've Got Mail. You can follow her on Instagram under the handle @reginawung.