Campus Cutie: Evan Crofton of Busty and the Bass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Introducing Evan Crofton, the next member of our Busty and the Bass campus cutie series! Evan provides vocals and plays the synth and keyboards for Busty and the Bass, who will be holding a concert on campus on November 24, so mark your calendars! To get a sneak peek at Busty’s set, go to their SoundCloud and listen to a few songs. If you’d like to hear more, you can head to their Youtube channel, or download their album, Bustified, from their website. As always, make sure to like their Facebook page to stay updated on Busty and the Bass news.

Name: Evan Crofton

Age: 22

Year: Fourth

Major: Jazz performance – piano

Hometown: Victoria, British Columbia

Single or taken? Taken

What is the best venue you’ve ever played at? I don’t know, we’ve played a lot of venues. I loved playing OAP. It’s a great crowd – people are going crazy, people are drunk – especially the last time we played there. But my favourite venue that we’ve played at is Petit Campus.

What is your dream venue to play at? Probably a big stage at a major music festival, like Osheaga, Pemberton, or Coachella, just because of the sheer volume of people and the sound.

What is your favourite memory with the band? We have a lot of memories. I like to think that when we stayed at our guitar player Louis’ place in upstate New York – that was my favourite memory.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done at a show? Not poop on stage.

What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? I don’t have an iPod or listen to music… I like music – all types of music – so I don’t have an “embarrassing” song on my iPod. And I love Kelly Clarkson.

What song title or song lyric best describes your life? Any lyric by Kelly Clarkson.

Who are your favourite singers and/or bands? Kelly Clarkson, Chris Edmondson, and iLoveMakonnen.

What is your favourite holiday? I like summertime, when the livin’ is easy, fish are jumpin’…

What is the furthest you’ve ever been from home? I’ve been to New Zealand a couple times.

What songs would be on the soundtrack of your life? “I Miss You” by Blink-182, “Since You’ve Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson, and “The Pressure” by Alistair Blu.

A genie has agreed to grant you three wishes. What do you wish for? “Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera, the ability to fly, and for Palestine and Israel to get along.

What was the biggest decision you made today? Whether to go to RVC or Thai Phon.

What is your least favourite food? Blue cheese.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Probably 32 years old, working at K-Mart, and living in my parents’ basement. K-Mart offers a wide spectrum of employee benefits that are unknown by the large public.

What is the best advice you’ve ever gotten? “Don’t Do Drugs” by Eminem.

What is the oldest item you own? Myself.

Stay tuned for more Busty and the Bass campus cuties!

Images contributed by the interviewee.

After spending a wonderful fall 2015 term in Paris, France, Regina is in her final semester at McGill University, studying Economics and French. She loves reading and writing in her spare time, travelling to foreign places, and baking anything she has the ingredients for. She also occasionally plays the oboe. Some of Regina's favourites include the colour blue, the season of fall, and the movie You've Got Mail. You can follow her on Instagram under the handle @reginawung.