Campus Cutie: Andrew Berry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Hey ladies! Meet this week’s Campus Cutie: Andrew Berry! Andrew is a U1 student in the Faculty of Management, majoring in International Business. Although he’s a little far away from his hometown of Manila, Philippines, Andrew is loving life in Montreal so far. Read on to find out more about Andrew.

Favorites…

Childhood memory: When I was 7 years old, my dad and I went snorkeling together. We saw these really huge sea turtles and snorkeled with them for a few minutes. It was a really magical and crazy experience because they were so majestic. And it was during the day so the coral reefs were really bright and colorful. It was just a really fun experience to have with my dad.

Ice Cream Flavor: Butterscotch or Rum and Raisin. Can’t pick one.

Chick Flick: 500 Days of Summer

Book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Place You’ve Traveled To: San Francisco, California

Quote: “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

Hobbies: Playing guitar, playing the piano, working out, going to museums

Pick-Up Line: “If you were a booger, I’d pick you first.”

Experience So Far at McGill: Partying it up with all of my pals at Apartment 200.

Andrew (center) with some of his close pals. 

What are you most involved with on campus? Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity

What is the #1 most played song on your iPod? Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran

What annoys you more than anything else? When my roommate talks on the phone while I’m trying to sleep. It’s super annoying.

What do you look for in a girl? I like girls who are girly and love to dance. It’s also awesome if they give back to the community in some way.

What would you do if you found out you only have one year to live? I would spent that year traveling to as many places as I could. Places in Latin America, Africa, Europe, and Asia. I would also try to do some sort of community service in each place I visited. I think it’s really important to travel because it provides you with unforgettable experiences and giving back makes me happy. I also would try to promote fitness and health because I’m a big believer in the fact that if you live a healthy lifestyle you can conquer the world.

What are you looking forward to most during your next few years at McGill? All the memories and moments I will make with my close friends.

What are your plans for the summer? I’m taking one term of summer courses at McGill. After that, I’m flying back to the Philippines and soaking up the sun on the beach. And tanning of course. Then I’m going to Vietnam for an internship. Then I’ll go back to the Philippines, party it up some more, and head back to Montreal after that. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I hate that question.

Images provided by interviewee.