Campus Cutie: Alex Machado-Gédéon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Meet our campus cutie, Alex Machado-Gédéon! This local Montrealer is a U3 student studying Anatomy and Cell Biology. When he’s not travelling, trying new restaurants, or at school, he can be found running his dachshund Oscar’s Instagram account, @mr.oscarweiner!

What is the best birthday gift that you’ve ever received? I don’t know if this is ridiculous, but my mom got me an in-ground pool for my birthday this past May.

Who is your favourite professor you’ve had so far at McGill? Louis Hermo for Anatomy 214, which is Systemic Human Anatomy. He’s just really engaging and funny. The material was all memorization, but it was easy to follow and to stay interested.

If you could major in anything without future employment being a problem, what would you choose? Fine Arts. Like painting or something.

What would constitute the best day of your life? The best day of my life will be the day I get into medical school.

Who is your male celebrity crush? Cristiano Ronaldo.

What is your ideal honeymoon destination? One of the islands in the Pacific Ocean. I know it’s super basic, but when else would you do a trip like that other than your honeymoon?

What is your biggest pet peeve? People who talk in the library. Just kidding, I always do that. People who post on discussion boards. I get so stressed because I think I have to read all the posts.

What could you see yourself doing/where could you see yourself living in 10 years? Hopefully I’ll be a dermatologist in Montreal, Toronto, or New York.

What would your Tinder profile description say? It wouldn’t say anything because my pictures are enough.

If you had to live in one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be? Beige chinos, brown Sperry Topsiders, and a plaid button-up shirt.

How do you think you’d do in a horror movie? I like to think I’d be the smart guy with technical skills. Like I’d be trying really hard to survive, but then I’d end up dying pretty early.

Favourite Mario Kart character? Those guys with the shells.

Bowser? No, not Bowser. *Googles picture.* This guy, Koopa Troopa!

What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? “Promiscuous Girl” by Nelly Furtado.

Images provided by interviewee