Campus Catwalk: Katrina Kairys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

Collegiettes, I hope you had an amazing reading week, whether that entailed going back to your hometown and reuniting with all your family and friends or whether you’ve stayed right here in the beautiful city of Montreal.Whatever it was, I hope you’ve been able to take a break from all the McGill midterm madness and opted this reading week for some much needed sleep, loads of yummy food, and a revival of your social life. Those who’ve been able to keep an active social life whilst balancing midterms and every other extra-curricular activity and part time job I applauad you, please teach me your ways.

This week, gracing our style blog, we have our very own Her Campus McGill Campus Correspondent, Katrina Kairys. When I first mentioned to her that I would love to feature some of the Her Campus McGill team on the style blog, she loved the idea and gladly agreed. We decided to meet at the beautiful Birks Building on University, where the old architecture was the perfect backdrop for the photos.

Katrina’s outfit of the day was a no-fuss, chic ensemble that was accesorized with tons of arm candy. I love her grey studded and embellished charcoal sweater from Topshop, paired with knee high brown boots and a pair of black leggings. This is such an easy outfit to throw on, especially when you’re in a rush. This is defenitely my go-to outfit when I’m running late to class. A pair of leggings, a comfy oversized sweater and a sleek pair of boots is effortlessly put-together look.

Arm candy: “Stacking a random order and number for bracelets on your arm,” as defined by Urban Dictionary.

I absolutely love accessories, and I think that stacking a ton of accessories on your arms is such a good way to add some personality and spunk to your outfit.  Here Katrina has stacked on multiple bracelets and a black leather banded watch — the silver tones of the accessories perfectly compliment the silver studs on her sweater.

Style tip:  If you feel like outfit is feeling a little plain, just accessorize, accessorize, accessorize and pile on the arm candy.

Photo retrieved from: http://colorcoordinatedlife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/fashion-trends-worth-kno…

Political Science student, hopeless romantic, dreamer, and a firm believer that "those who are crazy enough to think that they change the world, are the ones who do"