Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

McGill’s Tuesday Night Cafe Theatre is currently showing the production of Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame. This play is written by Ali Vanderkuyk and is based on the poetry of American poet Charles Bukowski. The play begins by portraying a care facility in the year 2045, where four soldiers, who fought in a war lasting from 2015 to 2021, begin talking about their neglected emotions and memories due to the effect of Ephemberium, a drug introduced to them during their time in the military. Then, there is a flashback to the year 2015, the night where the four soldiers signed up to fight in the war and encounter Ephemberium for the first time. 

The show runs until March 28th and you can find more information here. Below are just a few of the enticing scenes you can expect to see. 

Photos by Sahar Balvardi.

I am Originally from Iran and I used to live in Halifax before moving to Montreal to study Psychology at McGill. I love photography and I usually try to describe my pictures using poems/quotes. Also, As you can tell, my other love in life is poetry :)