5 Things to Do Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

For me, this will be my last exam period as an undergraduate at McGill University. With my time at this lovely establishment coming to an end, I have created a bucket list of things I must do before I leave Montreal and before I make the library my home for the next month.

1 Ball en Blanc
This year’s Ball en Blanc will be the 18th anniversary of the party. The event begins on April 8 at 9:00pm and runs into the wee hours of the morning—definitely not an event for the light-hearted! This year’s line-up is considered one of the best, featuring Armin Van Buuren, Markus Schulz, Ferry Corsten, Steve Angello, and Fedde Le Grand. While raving is not everyone’s cup of tea, this event sums up Montreal’s vibrant culture at its best.

2 Mamie Clafoutis
In the heart of Outremont, Mamie Clafoutis is both a boulangerie and a tea room. Before spending a long day in the library, stop by and enjoy an almond croissant with a coffee while soaking up the bustling ambiance.

1291 Avenue Van Horne
(514) 750-7245
&
3660 Saint Denis
(438) 380-5624
www.mamieclafoutis.com

3 Tourtière Australienne
This small establishment is famous for Australian pies. Now you may be wondering what Australian pies are. I had never heard of such a creation before but it is definitely a must try. The spinach, mushroom, tomato and ricotta pie is to die for and to finish up a perfect afternoon, try a sherry trifle.

4520 Avenue du Parc
(514) 277-7437
www.ta-pies.com

4 Candi Bar
Make sure to check out Candi Bar for a night out with the girls. The bar features colorful Lego pieces and the stools are a pair of nylon-covered legs.  The drinks are expensive but worth a try. The Tiffany even comes with a ring pop! If you feel like relieving a teenage girl’s days or just have a sweet tooth, this is definitely the place to try.

1148 Avenue Mont-Royal East
(514) 524-4075

5 Brasserie Réservoir
Not only does this joint brew its own beer, but their brunch is amazing.  If the kimchi smoked salmon on an English biscuit topped with avocado purée does not tantalize your taste buds, there are always the homemade donuts with chocolate-hazelnut tartinade.

9 Duluth East
(514) 849-7779
www.brasseriereservoir.ca

Sofia Mazzamauro, born and raised in Montreal, is majoring in English Cultural Studies and minoring in Communication and Italian Studies. Along with being the editor-in-chief of Her Campus McGill, she is a writer for Leacock’s online magazine’s food section at McGill University and the editor of the Women’s Studies Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Journal. After graduation, she aspires to pursue a career in lifestyle magazine writing in Montreal.