This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

1. Shop at Eva B 

Eva B is one of the more popular vintage thrift stores in Downtown. Located at 2015 St Laurent Blvd, it is your one stop shop and cafe with complimentary popcorn and a $1 dollar book section! 

2. Brunch at Suwu

Over the years, Suwu’s night-time transformation from a restaurant to a nightclub has caught a lot of students’ eyes. However, don’t sleep on the fact that it is also a restaurant, with bottomless mimosas served during weekend brunch, and a delicious lunch/dinner menu every night.

3. Shop on St. Catherines 

Luckily for us, McGill’s main gates open up to Sherbrooke by St. Catherines, the heart of Montreal’s downtown. Stores like Zara, Roots, Forever 21, and Banana Republic; restaurants like Five Guys; and cinemas like Cineplex are situated on or around the street, making it a perfect destination to spend the weekend shopping.

4. Dinner on St. Laurent 

St. Laurent is known for its nightlife, but what it also takes credit for is its restaurants. Places like Warehouse serve alcohol along with relatively inexpensive food, which makes it a perfect setting for some dinner and a pre-game! 

5. Old Port Observation Wheel 

Although this one is a little far out, Old Port is known for its aesthetic architecture and atmosphere. Check out the Observation Wheel (or La Grande Roue De Montreal) for an extra touch of tourism, and eat at any of the many restaurants located around Old Port. 

Pia is a first-year student at McGill studying International Development and Economics, and minoring in Arabic. She was born in London, England and grew up in Dubai and Beirut. She loves travelling, and her ideal destination is anywhere with a beach.