This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at McGill chapter.

If you’re looking to explore Montreal a bit more in 2019, here are 5 places you should be sure to check out if you haven’t already.

1. Vieux Montreal

A quick trip to Old Montreal will have you transported back a few centuries to the streets of a sophisticated European city in an instance. No matter how many times you go, there are always new things to do, see, and experience. Wander through an art gallery, grab drinks with friends at one of Old Montreal’s popular rooftop terraces, take in the beauty of La Basilique Notre-Dame, or try ice skating at the Natrel Skating Rink, right alongside Old Port.

2. Mile End

An eclectic and artsy neighborhood, Mile End is definitely worth exploring. Stop into one of their many coffee shops, go thrifting for records or vintage clothes, or take advantage of their lively nightlife and enjoy a concert.

3. Parc La Fontaine

Though not so green this time of year, Parc La Fontaine is still a beautiful park to explore if you haven’t already. Not only is it an opportune and relaxing area to escape the hecticness of the city, but it offers skating on its frozen pond.

4. Chinatown

Take a stroll through Chinatown and enjoy the bright colors and lovely smell of dim sum and noodles. If you’re looking to do some shopping, it’s definitely worth taking a look into some of the quaint, authentic shops along the street.

5. Mont Royal

A classic destination, Mont Royal deserves to be appreciated not just in the warm seasons but at any time of the year! Take a hike up and enjoy the view, or even grab your skates for a bit of skating on Beaver Lake.

Wherever you choose to explore around Montreal, make sure to take advantage of your time living in this beautiful city!

All images taken by author

Maddy Evans

McGill '22

Maddy is a freshman at McGill University, where she is pursuing a major in Political Science and a double minor in Spanish and Arabic. Originally from Connecticut, you can find Maddy traveling around the world with her camera and journal in hand. When in Montreal, she will most definitely be studying in a coffee shop, wandering through an art museum, or exploring the city!