Campus Cutie Tiffany Waters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

Name: Tiffany Michelle Waters

Class: Senior 

Major: Theater

Hometown: Front Royal, Virginia 

Relationship Status: Single 

Favorite activity: Reading

Favorite color: Orange

HC (Her Campus): What are your turn ons?

TW (Tiffany Waters): I like people who like to read and like Star Wars. 

HC: What are your turn offs?

TW: If you don’t have a good education or good grammar, then I don’t want to date you. (Laughs)

HC: What’s a fun fact about you?

TW: I can make my feet touch my head!

HC: What’s your favorite memory/moment at Mary Baldwin?

TW: Oh gosh, that’s a hard question. I think my favorite memory was – and this is going to be pretty inappropriate, but that’s what college is about – during May Term (Mary Baldwin’s optional third term during the months of April and May). We had a huge class where we had to put in 150 hours of work and we were basically working  from 10 a.m. until 1 a.m. We would bring each other food and hang out and get our work done. I costumed like six shows in that three weeks, and it was crazy! One night, we all got a hotel room at the Howard Johnson, ordered in pizza, watched movies all together – all ten of us in one hotel room. We tried on clothes and danced around and acted crazy but it was really f*cking fun.

HC: What would you also consider your favorite memory working in the theater department? 

TW: Working in the theater – yeah, I’d say that May Term is my favorite memory – it was stressful as sh*t, but as I said, super fun! We all pulled together to make a bunch of really great one-acts, had a lot of fun, and a lot of free food. 

HC: So what do you usually do in the theater department?

TW: I’m usually an actor or a costume designer. 

HC: You’re currently acting in the upcoming production Metamorphoses. Can you tell us a little bit about it? 

TW: Yeah, Metamorphoses is not a typical play. It does’t have a linear plot structure. Instead, it’s thematically driven little vignettes, very episodic, and the entire theme is change based in Greek mythology. And there’s a scorpion (laughs).

Metamorphoses runs Feb 11-15, 7:30 pm (Sunday at 2pm) in the Fletcher Collins Theatre, Deming Fine Arts Building. Students, senior citizens and MBC faculty and staff – $7, other adults – $12

Please come out and support our Mary Baldwin Theater Department!

Katherine Draves is a student in the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted at Mary Baldwin College. She is a Theatre major with a focus in theatre literature and history. When she isn't in class or at rehearsal, she loves to relax with Netflix or a good book. Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, Katherine is an avid fan of the Seahawks and new Broadway shows.  
Kalli-Anne Hymons is a devoted student in Mary Baldwin College's Early College Academy. She is an English major with a minor in Creative Writing. When she isn't getting lost in a new book or catching up on her favorite shows on Netflix, you can find her studying or working hard in class. Kalli-Anne was born and raised in Chesapeake, Virginia, and enjoys reading and playing field hockey.