6 Ways to Succesfully De-Stress During Hell Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

Hell week has begun and already we’re feigning to say a few choice words to our professors! Christmas break is right around the corner but maybe that just isn’t cutting it for you. Here are a few tricks that you can try to help ease the pain of week’s purgatory.

1. Eat Chocolate

Chocolate is a girl’s best friend in every way, and it can be a great stress reducer. For any health-concerned colegiettes out there, try devouring some dark chocolate instead. Dark chocolate contains 70% of cocoa with loads of nutritious antioxidants. So go get that delicious chocolate-shaped Santa you’ve been eyeing for weeks, ladies, you deserve it!

2. Go for a walk or run

Feel the burn as the stress melts away! Finding time for a 10 minute walk or run within your horrendous schedule can reduce stress, reduce fatigue, and even improve alertness and concentration. If you’re a gym junkie, keep on doing what you’re doing! If not, you can always head to the PAC and try out our free yoga or Zumba classes!

3. Stay hyrdrated

Studies show that dehydration by just half a liter can turn you into a malfunctioning glob. Not giving your brain and organs the right fluids can put your body into stressed mode. So, make your way to Hunt and get your water bottles filled. Hint: Pub allows you to fill your water bottles too!

4. Take a break

Stop worrying, because you will get those A’s on your finals. Instead of gluing your eyes to the computer in Wenger go take a famous Sheetz break, visit a friend’s dorm for a couple of laughs, or play your favorite game for 30 mins.

5. Think positive

Smile and know you will be successful! Try not to imagine that one professor slowly being eaten by sharks, but instead envision a hard-earned A on your final or project. Remember, confidence is key. 

6. Take a nap

You deserve it! Mary Baldwin is known for students pulling countless all-nighters in Wenger or Academic. Well, my sistahs, that needs to change. In order to concentrate and study, you need enough sleep. Why not take naps in between your study sessions? You can use your handy phone alarm or ask your roommate to wake you up in thirty!

Hopefully, these tips blow your mind and you use them in order to have a safe and successful Hell Week!

May your days be blessed with Coconut oil. Alexandrea Edwards, an eager Senior studying Marketing and Communications at Mary Baldwin University. Travel and studying abroad enthusiast, "Big...BIG...Foodie", and watching needed clapbacks unfold.