freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Things to Do if You’re Single on Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MBU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a time for couples to appreciate each other and enjoy their relationship, but some people (including us) won’t have anybody to celebrate with. Even if you’re single this Valentine’s Day, there are still tons of fun things to do! We’ve compiled a list of five cool things to do when the 14th rolls around. 

1.     Throw a party

You and your hall-mates can hang out, decorate cookies, discuss cute celebrities and make cards for each other. Ryan Gosling (despite being married) is always a good start.

2.     Go to the movies

Valentine’s weekend always hosts new releases of great movies. Staunton’s Visulite Theater will be playing 50 Shades of Grey, but other local cinemas have a wider variety. Or, you could check out MBC’s own production of the popular play, Metamorphoses.

3.     Be productive

Use your free time to actually get some things done. Put on some music and start checking things off of your to do list: laundry, homework, clean your room, maybe run some errands. How much can you get done in one night?   

4.     Have a TV marathon

Find a new TV show and see how many seasons you can get through. Snuggle up under a super fuzzy blanket with some popcorn and make sure to stock up on soda and candy. Friends are always welcome to join.

5.     Hang out with your best friends

Do something fun with your besties. Together, you can make your own spa complete with homemade face masks, a nail polish station and maybe even fun-colored hair dye. Or, you could have a movie night in with flavored popcorn, sappy Nicolas Sparks movies, and rom-com movie trivia. 

Katherine Draves is a student in the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted at Mary Baldwin College. She is a Theatre major with a focus in theatre literature and history. When she isn't in class or at rehearsal, she loves to relax with Netflix or a good book. Born and raised in Seattle, Washington, Katherine is an avid fan of the Seahawks and new Broadway shows.  
Rachel Heacock is a second-year at the University of Virginia. She is an Applied Statistics major with a concentration in Actuarial Finance with interest in an English minor. When she isn't watching baseball, she's in class, studying, or reading up on FanGraphs and MLB Trade Rumors. Born and raised in Northern Virginia, Rachel loves attending Washington Nationals games or relaxing at her southern lake house with her Lab-German Shepherd mixed puppy.