Syllabus Week as Told by a Second Semester Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Starting a new seemseter is always a bittersweet experience for college students. Starting a new semester is especially bittersweet for those second semster seniors facing their upcoming graduation and ultimately the real world. Here’s to each one of you struggling through your last semester!

1. Everyone arriving back to campus excited to see their friends while you sit back and remember you only have 15 weeks of undergrad left.

2.  Everyone wanting to party on the first night back but you have your first senior seminar class in the morning and you need your sleep.

3. Everyone going out on day 2, and you just want to crawl into your bed because you were told all the work you’re expected to do before you graduate.

4. Realizing, with extreme terror, that you don’t have a job after college.

5. Looking at all the underclassmen dressing up for class and laughing because maybe the shirt you’re wearing was washed in the past 2 weeks?

6. Sobbing into your morning latte as you realize you’re going to have to pay actual money, not pacer points, for these in four short months.

7. Finally letting loose and going out; but going a little too hard because its senior year and in four moths you have to be an adult.

8. Looking around at all of the friends you’ve accumulated throughout college and crying because you wont be down the hall from each other anymore.

I'm a New Hampshire girl living in a Pennsylvania world. Lover of Harry Potter, the New England Patriots, and my bed. I think that about covers it.
Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com