Staff Spotlight: Megan McDonald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Name:  Megan McDonald

Major: Music Therapy, Violin Concentration

Graduation Year: May 2018

Hometown:  Linden, NJ

Her Campus Marywood (HC): What made you want to write for HC? What is your favorite topic to write about?”

Megan McDonald   (MM): “ Well, I’ve always wanted to have a blog about music and the concerts I go to and post pictures from them and I don’t have time to keep up a blog, so Her Campus gives me an outlet to do that.

HC: “ What are you involved in on campus?”

MM: “ Music Therapy club historian, Love Your Melon campus crew, Her Campus, Marywood University symphony orchestra, and Marywood String Ensemble, and I teach in String ensemble”

HC: “ So I have heard you’ve seen Ed Sheeran 6 times, what do you love about him?”

MM: “ I’ve been seeing him since I was as sophomore in high school, and I just really loved that he is a one man show and does it all himself. It is a very unique experience, and not many artists you hear on the radio are able to do it themselves”.

HC: “Who is one artist that you love to listen to that we should be listening to?”

MM: “ COIN, I love them”.

HC: “ What do you want to do with your music therapy degree?”

MM: “ I wanna use it to either to work at a hospice center or work with children in oncology unit”.

HC: “ What is the most rewarding part about being a music therapist?”

MM: “Just being able to take something that I love to do and using it to help others”.

HC: “ What do you do in your free time?”

MM: “ I like to listen to music, draw, watch Stranger Things. Oh and I love pizza”

HC: “ Dunkin or Starbucks?”

MM: “ Dunkin, that’s not even a question”

Senior, Hospitaltiy Management and Marketing major from Potomac, MD. I love guac, sleeping, and eating.  Twitter: @liasohl   Intagram: @lia.sohl