This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Hi guys! I recently signed up for Birchbox, a monthly subscription company that sends five beauty products, usually sample sized, but sometimes full size of products like mascara, fragrances, lip products, skin care, creams, sprays, for $10 a month. I am giving my October Birchbox a 4.5 out of 5. I had a good variety of products that match my body needs and characteristics. A smart thing about Birchbox is that it mostly pays attention to your body’s characteristics. When you have a Birchbox account, you are asked a variety of questions about your personal characteristics, like if you have thick hair, you should get products that will help your thick hair. If you have dry skin then you could get products that will moisturize and help your dry skin.

In my October box, I got these five items:

1. BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask,

2. Too Cool For School DINOPLATZ HIGHLIGHTER,

3. Oribe Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray,

4. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream,

5. Eyeko Black Magic Mascara.

The BioRepublic Skincare Cucumber Breeze Smoothing Fiber Mask –

This product isn’t in the photo because it was a one-time use only product, so I used it, then threw away the packing. I liked this product. The mask had many cut-ins that stuck to all of the curves of my face. After using this product, my cheeks were cleaned up and felt very soft, softer than usual. Overall it is a great product and worked well. My face felt fresh after using, and I really liked the cucumber scent.

Too Cool For School DINOPLATZ HIGHLIGHTER-

I’m not really into contouring my face, so I don’t have a purpose for this product. I also noticed this has a slight shimmer and sparkle. This is my least favorite product just because I don’t have a purpose to use it. 

Oribe Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray-

This product is like a dry shampoo, something I’ve never used until this product. I personally usually never put any product in my hair even when I curl it or straighten it. I’ve heard positive feedback about this product, and I understand why. I’m personally not a fan of the smell, but it isn’t that terrible and it gets the job done! As a college student, sometimes I do go 3 days max without washing my hair, so this product saves my life. This is my third favorite product.

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream-

I really like that this moisturizer product was in my box, and I would consider purchasing this, especially since October is the transition of summer weather into autumn aka dry leaves and dry weather. I felt like my skin improved after just the one use, which is sometimes a rare thing to have happen. I also talked with a friend who also uses in Birchbox and she agrees that this is her favorite product in her October box.

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara-

Before having Birchbox, I heard of this product. This is my second favorite product. I love eye makeup, especially mascara. I liked the brush because it had a curve and was a thick brush. I also think the smell is kind of weird, but I can get passed that once this product dried.

If I had to choose my number one favorite item of this month’s box, it would be the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin cream because my skin has been dry with the season transition. The Eyeko Black Magic Mascara comes in a close second because I like eye makeup so much. My least favorite is the Too Cool For School highlighter because I don’t ever highlight my face or contour my face.

If Birchbox sounds like something you would also like to get, you could get your first month for $5 instead of paying the usual $10 by using this ( http://fbuy.me/cTmka ) link to join.

Stay tuned for my November Birchbox review!

Anne is a sophomore at Marywood University where she majors in Digital Media/Broadcasting Production (TV & Radio). Currently, she serves as a member of the Packaging Team for TVM, a reporter and website editor for the student-run newspaper The Wood Word, & a deejay for 91.7 VMFM Your Alternative radio.  In Anne's spare time, she enjoys blogging, listening/playing music, driving, Snapchat (not Snapchat while driving), writing, and positive attitudes. Between you and me, Anne is secretly engaged to Niall Horan. You can follow Anne on Twitter (@annezukowski) and Instagram (@missannemarie101) #f4f.
McKensie is a senior at Marywood University majoring in Advertising and Public Relations. She is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Marywood which she co-founded in April 2015 with Alexandra Goebelbecker. McKensie also serves as a blogger for Frame Your Future, an anchor for TV-Marywood, Arts & Entertainment Editor for The Wood Word, and captain for Marywood's cheerleading squad.