Netflix Binge: Musicals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

Sometimes you turn to netflix looking toa void reality. What could be more unrealistic than musicals? Check out our pocks for the musicals on Netflix you just can’t miss!

1. The Last Five Years: Starring Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan, this movie muscial follows a couple throughout their doomed relationship. The chemistry between Kendrick and Jordan as well as their vocal ability make this a musical you can’t miss. If you are looking for a film guaranteed to make you cry and warm your heart, this is just for you! 

2. Grease: This classic is a must-see for every musical fan! If you’ve already watched this, embrace your inner pink lady and rewatch it!

3. Hello Dolly: Directed by Gene Kelly and starring Barbara Streisand, the film version of the Tony-Award winning musical is visually and vocally stunning. Check this film out soon in preparation for the upcoming Tony Awards where the Hello Dolly Revival is nominated for several awards!

4. Chicago: This Academy Award winning film combines old school glamour with elaborate costume and set designs. The film features classic songs including “All That Jazz” and “The Cell Block Tango.” Catherine Zeta Jones is tough, ruthless and alluring as murderer Velma Kelly.

5. Shrek The Muscal: Catch Tony Award Winner, Sutton Foster, as Princess Fiona in this production. The musical production provides a twist to the animated Shrek you know and love!

Alexandra Goebelbecker is a senior Advertising and Public Relations Major with a Comprehensive Social Science Minor. She co-founded Her Campus Marywood in April 2015 with McKensie Curnow. She makes up 1/2 of political column, Back to Back with co-author, Anna Notchick. In addition she is an intern at Condron Media, Student Activities Shadow, President of service sorority, Alpha Sigma Psi, Vice President of Marywood's Chapter of PRSSA and AAF, and LYM Campus Crew Member. Additionally she is a former  HC Campus Expansion Assistant and current High School Program Mentor.  Her passions include pop culture, popcorn and politics.   For more of Alexandra's Work: https://alexandrajgoebelbecker.wordpress.com