etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Niah Wilcox ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marywood chapter.

“Mia, author of our fashion column, Modish with Mia, decided to catch up with one of our fashion icons here at Marywood! Check it out below!”

Today we sat down to talk with Niah Wilcox, a junior architecture student here at Marywood University. Niah recently traveled to Cuba for a spring break trip with Marywood Business and Architecture students. We noticed her unique sense of style and we are super interested in hearing more about it.

Name: Niah Wilcox

Graduation Year: 2018

Major: Architecture

Hometown: San Diego

Her Campus (HC): “When packing for your Cuba spring break trip, what inspired you?”

Niah Wilcox (NW): “The vibrant colors I kept seeing in photos of Cuba really helped me pick my outfits. As well as specific statement pieces I knew I wanted to wear while in Cuba so outfits just formed around those.”

(HC): “Now we know you work in retail, what would you say your favorite part of your job is?”

(NW): “Break, just kidding. Definitely meeting new people and helping customers choose the best outfits for different occasions.”

(HC): “Since you have such a unique sense of style, tell us about your favorite store to shop at?”

(NW): “Buffalo Exchange/ thrifting but I continuously shop at American Eagle, H&M and online at Boohoo.com”

(HC): “Who would you say is your fashion icon, the person that inspires your sense of style, and why?”

(NW): “I’m not really sure if my fashion icon is a who but more of a place like I’m constantly thinking of the city when I get ready and if anything maybe that’s what gears my style. I don’t know.”   

(HC): “Finally, how do you manage to look stylish for class when you are an architecture student, and let’s face it, you never sleep.”

(NW): “Very true, but to me getting dressed and ready for the day sets the vibe for my day plus it’s the most fun so I guess since I look forward to it, it overshadows my sleepiness.”